Stevie Wonder SKELETONS Cover by Phil Moufarrege

PhilMoufarrege

• Members

My latest cover of stevie wonder SKELETONS. Rather than just a vocal cover I decided to rebuild the song from scratch and give it my own personal twist. I really wanted the song to build to a climax toward the end as I feel while Stevies vocals are amazing, the original song doesn't really build to anything in the way I want.

This is part of a new practice I plan on doing...I plan to do 2 covers a month from the ground up so that I can further build my skills as a songwriter, singer and my ear by studying the original songs and re-creating them.

I created this by recording several takes and then pasting them together to create the finished version, so sorry if some of the camera shots are out of sync to the audio!

I decided to sing this song in a lighter mixed voice and build it to a heavier sounding climax at the end. I'm no Stevie but I think I brought a new twist to the song! I hope you enjoy it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6cHECcgDiY&feature=youtu.be

• Members
Hey...nice job. You have a nice voice. There were a couple awkward bits on a couple runs, but it's a hard song. Nice job overall...I love when people put their own stamp on things.

thanks for watching! yeah the runs are so sloppy lol! I didn't study the song just did it from memory so there's lots of intricacies I missed.

Archived