Duet Cover Opinons

yuukian

• Members

Hey guys!

I'm new here but I have been singing for a long time (although experienced a long period where I couldn't sing to health issues), I have been retraining my voice and my closest friend also sings so we did a duet together. I would just like to have some feedback on how you all think our voices go together, we are working on a few more songs currently but haven't finished them yet.

The song is the Japanese version of "Let it Go". We are learning mostly Japanese songs because we may be singing in a Japanese festival next year but it is currently undecided.

For clarification I'm the backing voice in this track. All feedback and opinions are welcome too, and if you have any tips on how you think we could improve, please tell :)

Thanks!

• Members

I don't understand Japanese but I find the rhythm too cliche and syllably.. I've heard other examples of this kind of singing and without a grasp of the language it sounds very mechanical and predictably syncopated. To be sure the singing is very controlled and well balanced, the material needs less words and more melodious contours. This will also be a challenge to your vocal abilities but hey, pros should be able to handle pro material at a pro level. Right?

• Members

@yuukian,

I think it's a matter of choice whether you sing in unison or in harmony. I personally probably would have chosen harmony, but that's just me. Sometimes unison is a refreshing contrast to the same old same ole where everything sounds like a barbershop quartet. If you two like singing in unison, go for it, but you really need to listen for places where you may be drifting out of pitch with one another and guard against that happening. It will really show up in unison singing if either singer (or both) are off-pitch, even slightly. Since that's what you like to do, then just do it and do it well.

Bob

Archived