opinion/criticism on singing potential

in_awe

• Members

Hi everyone, I would like to know your opinion on my singing. I've been practicing for about a year, took a couple of lessons before they got too expensive and then started on my own with singing success, mastering mix and other apps and stuff. I'm specifically worried about my potential to sing. I know I still have a lot of work to do to sound good, but I don't know if I have the right "instrument" for singing. They say your voice is unique by how your mouth and throat cavity is shaped. I wonder if mine is not ideal. I record myself singing/talking and it sounds annoying and unpleasant. I know people don't like the sound of their own voice and I've been trying to accept it. I would like to know what you guys honestly think. Is there potential there or am I a lost cause. The sound clip I recorded was done in my car while driving because it's the only place I feel comfortable singing even though it's not the best place to do it or really all that private. Also, some advice, if you have any, for improving my singing. Thank you.

edit: ok i added a few snippets of songs i tried in acapella. i have less of a full voice in these because I found myself pulling up if I tried since I was less confident without the backup. I also was trying to not mess up the notes even though there are still some in there and the rhythm is not right. i am also aware I crack in some places. i feel like i could do better, but I think it will do for our purposes.

with track (im your/jason mraz):

without track (im yours/jason mraz)

you and i both/jason mraz:

beatles/and i love her

• Members

Yes. Please let us still hear the backing track in the background, but put your own voice well in the foreground so that there is no confusion as to what is you and what is the original recording vocal. If you are using a mic to pick up the music, then move the speaker further away and position yourself closer to the mic relative to the playback speaker.

Bob

Archived