[Beginner] Review of my voice

pkzon

• Members

Hi guys, this my first time posting here. Can you guys review my voice in this clip where i do Ah vowel in a scale. Am i doing it correctly in terms of the onset and proper compression. Thanks :)

https://soundcloud.com/zai-jun-1/ah-scale (PS: ignore the last one as thats my limit)

Btw, do i have to sing with higher intensity as i go higher to maintain the sound? It seems like as i go higher, i need to add a bit more intensity/push but not strain if not, my sound will sound weak and not as compressed/connected.

• Members

@pkzon

Hi, zai-jun,

OK. You could use more breath support. That will help you with the consistency of your voice. As you sing higher, you need to support more. This is actually a resistance to the breath blasting out, and creates a more controlled compression of the air flow.

You lose the ability to continue to sing higher at about F#4. You should be doing modifications of your AH vowel before you get to that point. You probably should be modifying by about D4 or D#4.

Probably by around F#4 you will need to be bridging to head voice.

All the Best!

Bob

• Members

Hi highmtn, thanks for the fast reply. My understanding of support is like flexing my abdominal area and keep it firm there. The feeling is like the sides of my waist get pushed out. Is this the correct way of support?

Archived