Disclosure/Sam Smith - Latch (first cover)(acoustic guitar)

tayloraus

• Members

Hey guys , I know this song is really over done but I really enjoy singing it. Here's a little clip of me singing a bit of it acapella. i've been working on doing the whole song while playing guitar, im not a great guitarist but I can do it alright using G, E, C, G, as the chords, but i feel like it doesnt suit my voice or my range, plus the guitar kinda over powers my voice at the moment.

Anyway i'd love some opinions, I know i have a lot to work on, I also really want to learn falsetto.

p.s. does anyone have any better chord suggestions?

• Moderators

Hey there,

I had a listen to your youtube clip. I'm not exactly crazy about the vocal fry at the beginning of every phrase. It can occasionally be used for stylistic purposes but to me it feels a bit overused here and a bit distracting. Though the pitch within the phrases sounded okay. Vocal fry in place of a good vocal attack is also a kind of way to mask or bypass certain notes without actually going for the note. Sometimes it can wear out the voice quicker as well. I recommend going back and try singing it without using the vocal fry.

• Members

Hey thanks for the feedback Davie, yeah I see what you mean, my voice is like that a lot naturally but it's something i definitely have to avoid doing. I did redo it but it was before I saw your comment so theres still quite a bit of vocal fry sorry haha

Archived