Is my bridging between the registers proper?

bhayya007

• Members

Hi Guys,

I am a super enthusiastic vocalist wanting to get some help from you experts.

I have attached a MP3 audio file where in I have recorded my vocals.

I have 2 questions:. Kindly listen to the audio and help me with the questions.

1) Am I bridging the passage between Head Voice and and Chest voice properly?? (I think I can, I just wanted experts like you to confirm it for me, so that i can be confident ;)

2) How can I increase my range beyond what is (D5 is the highest and Lowest is E2. You can notice it from the audio)

3) And also any other Suggestions are also appreciated.

P.S. I have sung the scale with no constriction of any kind neither hurting my throat in any way nor feeling uncomfortable while reaching higher notes. I was very much at ease.

[ATTACH]n31262782[/ATTACH]

• Members

You are bridging fine. You can increase your range by practicing scales every day that go from your present range to notes above and below your present range. Just start by going down to Eb2 and up to D#5. When you are able to comfortably do those notes, add another half-step higher and lower, and continue along those lines.

In your scale you started out on "uh" and gradually went to "ah". You might want to start on a pure ah, and modify the vowel as you approach your passagio. You can do a search on vowel modifications and see what I mean.

All the Best!

Bob

Archived