Comment on my singing please

ido1957

• Members

Sounds good, @ido1957. You have good pitch and your tone is good. Sounds like you could work on your breath a little to lean a little more towards diaphragmatic breath and stronger support. With that you would gain even greater depth of tone, and the ability to sustain notes longer.

Some of your lines are short and staccato, where it might be nice to make them more legato and sustained. That may just be my own personal taste, and you may disagree, but that would be a suggestion. Minimization of consonants and maximization of sustained vowels is a characteristic of many recognized vocal methods, and leads to richer tone and sonorous singing.

Are you the guitarist or the bassist? This is a good song, and you're doing a good job!

Bob

• Members

Thanks - I prefer shorter phrasing for a reason. I play this stuff live and can't be doing acrobatics with my voice while playing my instrument. If I was strumming on an acoustic or just singing it would be easy but not while playing riffs and power chords and stomping on foot pedals. You mentioned you are in a band so I know you're familiar with that kind of thing.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived