Can I Sing?

BorisLee

• Members

Hi! I'm a 14-year-old from Hong Kong and I would like someone to critique my voice to see if it's good or bad. I like singing but it's like a little secret in me. I always think my voice isn't powerful enough and there is some sort of nasally tone to it. I am just a person who sings for fun at home but I'd like to get opinions on my voice so I don't embarrass myself when I sing in front of other people. Thanks!

• Moderators

Hi Boris,

In my opinion, I think you have a pretty good voice. I can hear a lot of potential. For improvement I would work on your breath support and try to add some more energy in your performance. "Add oil!"

• Members

Yes, you can sing, Boris. You could also improve. One simple tip for you would be this: Don't sustain consonants when singing. Sustain vowels. For example on the word "There" of I'll be there, sustain on the "eh" vowel of there, and don't try to sustain the "r" at the end. Do the "r" consonant just as the note ends. So you would sing Theh-r with the "r" being very short and sweet at the end of the sustained "eh". Sustain the vowels all you want. Consonants are interruptions in the flow of air when singing.

Bob

Archived