Could someone drop me some personalized tips?

Jevke99

• Members

Well I'm 14 Yo. Im a musician But I'd like to be a Singer too. Most people sat I sing good or "not bad" But I would like to take my singing to the next level. I naturally sing Alto And I'm comfortable doing tenor And I could hit some high notes. I'm looking for more of a Gospel/ R&B type voice. If I could compare my voice to anyone I'd compare it to John legends or Sam Smith's. My voice obviously isn't as nice as there's or exactly like there's. Irdk how to explain it. Anyway Several things elude me though. One of my problems is that I find myself unable to do anything But the simplest of runs. Usually I just drop an octave 2 or 3 times. Often times my singing sounds rather flat and uninteresting. Another thing I would like to add to my arsenal are those power notes. Idk what to call them, I just know that they sound almost like scream/yell/or strain when professional R&B singers execute them. I also need help hitting high notes And controlling my octave changes. If you could help me out with some terms, lessons, or by dropping me the name And address of a good And affordable R&b studio in NYC, please don't hesitate to do so. It is much appreciated.

• Moderators

Hi Jevke99,

If you want some personalized advice then it might be a good idea for you to post a sound clip of you singing so we can hear what specific issues you have. I do know some voice teachers who teach in NYC, but what is your budget and situation?

• Members

I think it is great that you are beginning to sing! The key to success is daily practice. If you are looking for some tips, yourmusiccommunity.com has articles with some great free tips. They also can offer 5 free mini lessons online from a professional. I wish you luck!

Archived