How bad do I sing

brusted

• Members

I know all the technique of singing and all that because I used to sing really well. I stopped singing after hurting my voice for about 2 years and now I think I sound like crap. But can you jut give me your honest opinion on how I sound and how I can be able to sing better in tune? vocaroo.com/i/s1D3whCvKcip

• Moderators

Your tone sounds fine,but it's a bit pitchy when you shift between high and low parts. Your phrasing and diction could be better. You need to let your vowels ring more clearly. It would be more helpful if you also had an older clip for comparison purposes. So what kind of singing technique were you practicing before? And what did you do to hurt your voice?

• Members
Your tone sounds fine,but it's a bit pitchy when you shift between high and low parts. Your phrasing and diction could be better. You need to let your vowels ring more clearly. It would be more helpful if you also had an older clip for comparison purposes. So what kind of singing technique were you practicing before? And what did you do to hurt your voice?

I was straining too much. So I took a long singing break and now I am recovered and my voice is recovered but I just kinda lost the singing ability. And I don't have any clips of me when I was younger because I recorded it on a old phone and I don't have the recordings anymore. By the way I'm 14 years old. If that means anything

• Members

I personally think you're pretty good but you have somethings to work on.

First of, you should work on pitch and hitting the notes correctly. And if you are hitting them correctly (i just don't know the song) work on intonation, because the note may be correct but due to lack of head resonance it sounds sort of flat.

Secondly (which also relates to intonation) is support. I think you could work on that and when your breathing becomes better and you have good support, you will sound more powerful and the intonation would be better.

But overall i think you're good and you should definately continue to work on your singing.

I would suggest getting a vocal coach though. Its always better with a coach =)

Archived