Critique my voice please! Made a vocal demo, don't know how it is.

FoozMuz

• Members

Hi, I am a very reluctant singer and do it very rarely outside of the car. It's very hard to find feedback for me, so I have very little idea of the quality and how I can improve it. The production of the demo might be a bit silly..

Here is another sample from a while ago too:

Thank you very much if you can help me!

• Moderators

Hi FoozMuz,

I listened to both of your clips. I think your voice isn't bad, especially your higher register. It's good that you aren't over-forcing your voice, but at times it sounded a bit under-supported with respect to the breath. I do think you have a lot of potential though. Try to put in a bit more power in the vocal and see how that goes.

• Members

I second Davie's suggestion that you work on your breath support. You are using very breathy tones. That's OK for effect, but can dry out your cords. You have a good sound, but you may want to work a little more with cord closure to get more into less breathy-sounding tones. It's just another mode you should be able to access when you want to.

Bob

• Members

Hello FoozMuz,

Your tone quality is pleasant and your pitch is good which are nice pluses. As the other comments suggested, I too think you could benefit from more breath support but you should also think about connecting your notes more. What I mean by that is creating a more through-line with your breath so the melody isn't too choppy, especially toward the end of the performance. And as Davie suggested, put more power in the vocal. I think better posture may help you do that. Try keeping your head more balanced over your torso, less reaching forward with your head and try keeping your chin tucked down (but not forced down). That should create a better channel for the breath to move through. Keep working at it - you have a solid start!

Kevin

http://bonfirebelly.com

Archived