Back Turned to Me (death folk)

VladM

• Members

@VladM,

For vocal demos, please remember we want to hear your voice. Your voice is mixed underneath the sound of your guitar.

It sounds like you are having a bit of pitch issues, but it's hard to be specific when it's covered by the guitar this much. The longer sustained notes sound a little flat. Your vocal sound is dark. Brightening the tone will help to define pitch better.

On "I Can't Help Falling in Love With You" you aren't singing the melody exactly like the original. For example on Take my whole "LIFE" too, the word Life is not on correct pitch.

Your vibrato is more of a tremolo, meaning that instead of smoothly wavering, it's kind of choppy, on-and-off.

You have a number of things about your voice that are good. I'm just giving you feedback on things I think are easily correctable that could be of help to you.

All the Best!

Bob

• Members
@VladM,

For vocal demos, please remember we want to hear your voice. Your voice is mixed underneath the sound of your guitar.

It sounds like you are having a bit of pitch issues, but it's hard to be specific when it's covered by the guitar this much. The longer sustained notes sound a little flat. Your vocal sound is dark. Brightening the tone will help to define pitch better.

On "I Can't Help Falling in Love With You" you aren't singing the melody exactly like the original. For example on Take my whole "LIFE" too, the word Life is not on correct pitch.

Your vibrato is more of a tremolo, meaning that instead of smoothly wavering, it's kind of choppy, on-and-off.

You have a number of things about your voice that are good. I'm just giving you feedback on things I think are easily correctable that could be of help to you.

All the Best!

Bob

Thanks for your input. If you want, you can check out my "before and after" thread that documents 2 years of practice. Let me know if you have any more thoughts, thanks.

Archived