Critique my singing please! All Of Me - John Legend (Cover)

• Members

Hi!

I'm 18 years old and I live in Sweden! I'm not a singer really, I only sing for myself when I play the guitar, as guitar is my main instrument. So I don't have a clue about techniques or anything, so any help is appreciated! I have a cold right now, but I finally got time to record so here it is. Vocaroo doesn't have the best quality as I guess you all know.

http://vocaroo.com/i/s0xPgQaTf1Ku

Thanks! :)

• Members

I think with stuff like this and the several other hummadoon posts, it's a question of is the material interesting enough to just sing plain Jane and can the singer carry it? So far sounds like people with singing potential. Obviously lots of room to improve but as the listener, I find nothing objectionable. There's far worse for sale.

• Members

@TeleSinger96

Your voice has a nice sound to it. You have good pitch. Good recording. Most importantly, you are conveying feeling and emotion. You should probably back off the mic just a bit when you do the vocal breaks. Mix-wise, they're a little too predominant over the level of the rest of the vocals.

Nice job, keep up the good work.

Bob

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Members
Thanks for the replies. Does anyone have anything they think I should work on? :)

I do. First off, notwithstanding the sound quality I like what I heard...but

Your breath support needs work because you can't hold the notes for very long

and it appears you may be using the vibrato as a crutch to get your phrasing by.

I really like your head tone falsetto, it's very smooth.

Have you privately tried to sing the song without any vibrato/holding the notes

as the original does? (just to see if you can)

Thanks for sharing. I enjoyed this acoustic version of one of my favorite tunes.

Archived