need some help, bass voice (probably)

Kihiro

• Members

Hello I'm a 17year old male singer and I tried a lot but still I can't be sure of my voice range. Tho i think it should be bass, it could also be some variety of lower baritone.

I can go from C2 to C4/maybe also D5 without problems and am able to reach C5 once my voice is a little bit trained and warmed up.

And afterwards i'd like to know what kind of genre i could sing. I'm really into popmusic, especially the k-pop or j-pop. Is there any chance to sing popsongs as an bass voice? do they even have bass voices in their "groups"?

I really like singing and stopped since my voice dropped down so fast in puberty, but i want to give it a shot again because can't stop to love it. i mostly stopped since it sucked singing any pop song with a bass voice. my technique should be acceptable since i got voice coaching for like 3years when i was younger, by practicing a lil bit i should be able to hit the correct notes by feeling again.

• Members

You should sing whatever songs you enjoy singing.

The voice classification you're thinking of only makes sense in classical singing, which I gather is not what you're doing.

There's nothing to gain by categorizing your voice. Get to know your voice instead, and then use it in whatever way makes you happy.

Archived