Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You - original tune

You - Hamilton Steele

Here's an original tune that I co-wrote. Recorded vocals on my M-Audio Sputnik mic and LA610MKII preamp (both lead and backup). Have a listen and let me know what you think of the song and especially the tone of the vocal chain.
    Hamilton Steele CD's / Hamilton Steele MP3 Downloads / Hamilton Steele iTunes

I had a few listens. The vocal chain sounds like it has a more "driven" sound. At times I felt that the vocals sounded too forward in the mix. Are you using any reverb or delay in your vocal chain?

As for the song, its good, but I feel that the arrangement needs more build-up as it moves towards the end. I think pushing more vocal power near the end might serve the song well and help build some intensity and release. To me the vocals seems a bit too controlled in dynamic. Maybe try playing around with that and see how it fits.

Comment

Thanks Davie - yeah there's Plate reverb on the vocals and the drive is probably from the pre's tubes and compressor.

Comment

New track with some changes to the vocals and backing tracks... Let me know if this sounds okay.....
        You - Hamilton Steele

Comment

Working...
        X