How do I record audio off youtube onto a CD?

search now

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I don't know what kind of sound quality you're looking for but I've recorded a few things from YouTube using GoldWave. If you're not familiar with it, it's an easy to use free audio editing program (you get to use up to 2,000 commands then they want $45; I haven't reached the max yet after using it for about 18 months). I use it on some of my homemade crap just to experiment and I use it on the occasional YouTube song when I want to be able to take a CD to my car and practice singing along. For example, there's a video of Elvis Costello singing Peace, Love and Understanding in a solo acoustic performance and I wanted to learn how to sing it the way he does on the video. I think I've done that, but I haven't recorded myself yet so I really don't know how well I've done.

Now, don't expect high sound quality because that's not what you're going to get, but it's really going to depend on the sound quality in the YouTube video. Anyway, you just set GoldWave to record, then play the YouTube video and GoldWave records the song. You might have to edit the song after it's been recorded, but it's not that hard to do.

I guess that's about it. Good luck.

• 1 year later...
  • Members

Now, don't expect high sound quality because that's not what you're going to get, but it's really going to depend on the sound quality in the YouTube video. Anyway, you just set GoldWave to record, then play the YouTube video and GoldWave records the song. You might have to edit the song after it's been recorded, but it's not that hard to do.

I also like to record audios in Youtube . Some audio files in Youtubd do very interesing and I want to make a collection of them.

I used to play my audio with GoldWave, but when I play sound with RealPlayer or Windows Media Player from Internet, it often pauses and keeps me waiting. That makes my recorded sound filled with blank silence. I hate it! Now I am using the All Sound Recorder. It runs quite well and has provided me with great help and convenienece to record audio files.

• Members

You don't technically need ANY program to record audio.

Go to your little speaker in the bottom of the bottom toolbar

Right click and go to " recording devices*

select stereo mix, and set it as default.

go to your accessories in the start menu and open sound recorder and just hit record, then hit play on youtube, or whatever.

What your doing is recording ANYTHING going through your sound card

Now this will save as a WMA, but if you want to alter it into an MP3 you can use the Jodix wma to mp3 converter ( freeware)

:thu:

• Members

You don't technically need ANY program to record audio.

Terrible advice.

Besides the fact that it will only save files in the WMA format, the audio is recorded in low kbps, producing horrendous sound quality. Go for YouTube Audio Capture 4.6.9.0. It records directly to MP3, MP4, WAV, WMA, and iTunes M4A, and you can adjust sound quality and kbps accordingly.

• Members

I never said it was of the purest best possible quality...I will say for me personally though it's good enough, If I record an HD video off youtube as a WMA, then convert it to an mp3, I honestly do not hear a difference with it as a straight mp3, so it's a non issue here at any rate.

However I WAS pointing out there are options that wont cost a penny to do.

• 1 year later...

Archived