When to warm up - how far in advance?

Howie22

• Members

I used to fret about warming up right before a gig and tried to go out in my car and run some scales or whatever whilst in the midst of setting up and all that nonsense. It never really worked out that well...

Then I read that if you warm up several hours before the gig you're still "warm" and some light humming and whatnot will get you in shape right before the gig. Perhaps someone with a more educated view can come in and shed some light... (Al?)

• Members

I used to fret about warming up right before a gig and tried to go out in my car and run some scales or whatever whilst in the midst of setting up and all that nonsense. It never really worked out that well...

Then I read that if you warm up several hours before the gig you're still "warm" and some light humming and whatnot will get you in shape right before the gig. Perhaps someone with a more educated view can come in and shed some light... (Al?)

I have heard this as well, and my experience seems to bear this out. My warmups are during my morning shower (moist air FTW :thu:), and I'm good for the rest of the day.

• Members

Cool. I have the same issue as you. I've always thought you needed to warm up right before singing, but some equipment issue or other last minute setup problem always kept me from getting an adequate warmup.

Curious to see what others have to say

Archived