No announcement yet.

New Laptop Day - August 2016

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Laptop Day - August 2016

My 8 year old Toshiba Satellite's hard drive crashed today. I always need a back-up. And that was a good one for a long time. So I literally rushed out to buy another back-up, a DELL Latitude 7350. A year ago, these things cost between $1200 and $1550. got it for $600 and change -- brand new in the box today

My Toshiba Portege will be my back-up now.

​I think because of Windows 10, a lot of 8.1 ultra-books are selling for ultra-low, fire sale prices right now. I would have preferred a Toshiba. But this DELL has a better keyboard, better screen reso, and 2x as much hard disk space, not to mention a bigger screen. The article is wrong about it having no ports on the tablet portion. It has a mini USB or HDMI output jack and a headphone jack for audio.

I like touch screens. I tried Windows 10 on my Toshiba Portege and went back to Windows 8.1. One of the big reasons wasit seemed to have a mouse-centric design. I want to say good-bye to the mouse era of technology forever. With 8.1, you really don't need one. 8.1 was supposed to be a failed OS. But I liked its touch-screen design emphasis.

Of course the DELL is a 2 in 1 hybrid. That's all I buy anymore. Actually, it's a 3 way hybrid as it's classified as an Ultra-book as well. Of course it's Windows 8.1 pro. I did not want W 10. I tried it one day - I didn't like it. I'll stick to 8.1 as long as I can.

If you can deal with a touch screen. There are some real bargains to be had out there with Windows 8.1 machines.
    The Dell Latitude 13 7000 Series 2-in-1 (7350) detachable-hybrid tablet is a great middle ground between a slim tablet and a clamshell laptop.
    Last edited by Etienne Rambert; 08-12-2016, 01:12 PM.
    He has escaped! Youtube , ​Murika , France

Hi,

Do you use this laptop for Recording? How's the performance like?
    Does it lag a lot while using DAW, Adobe etc?

Comment

Working...
    X