Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are these budget laptops good enough for music making?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are these budget laptops good enough for music making?

Dear all, could you pls advise?

I am torn between two budget laptops. One Lenovo Z500 uses the  Intel Core i3, 2.5GHz, shared graphics, 4GB RAM

Another HP laptop uses AMD 2nd gen. Dual-core APU A4-4355m , graphic card     AMD Radeon HD 7400G , and 8gb RAM.

Which one is better for music making, inc. running Cubase, NI Komplete and other sample packages at the same time?

My sincere thanks,

I'd rather go with HP if you're considering creation of music videos too otherwise Lenovo is an OK option for audio purpose as it doesn't have dedicated graphics memory.

Comment

Sampler vst's like Komplete are resource hogs. You're going to find that a low-end computer is going to start gasping real quick.

Save your money and get something a bit better if you can.
      Tim O'Brien

Comment

• tacdryver
        tacdryver commented
        Editing a comment

- HP are designed to break. So don't go with an HP

- Most musicians know zip out computers, so they need a standalone to make recording work.

The answer here lies in knowing what you are doing, the more you know, the less you need to get the job done. The less you know then it comes down to buying as much horsepower as you can afford because your computer is a mess.

Your method of explaining the whole thing in this post is in fact pleasant, every one be capable of effortlessly be aware of it, Thanks a lot.

Comment

Working...
      X