Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heat pipe cpu coolers

I just put one on my Windows 7 PC that I use for video recording. Can't get the CPU temp to rise above 40 degrees now. I am so amazed. The CPU is mounted vertically so two of the heat pipes go up while the other two go down. That's a solid 15 degrees cooler. (and well below the 60 degrees that causes the CPU to go into slower than hell mode. Great product.

that's cool. i use just a standard cooler under my laptop. i play alot of games and the temprature during gaming can make it like hell.

Comment

Yea, I upgraded the processor to a quad core that came with a heat pipe type of heat sink. I also found out why that other one I had put on worked so well. It was designed for a 155 watt processor and the dual core was only 66 watts. The new quad core is 125 watts and runs a little hotter with it's own heat sink. (Still generally below 50 degrees Centigrade.) The mother board won't support more wattage to the CPU. Generally speaking the new CPU just sizzles.

Comment

• sukumar923
        sukumar923 commented
        Editing a comment
        It's no longer negative, i handle simply a quality cold beneath my personal laptop. i play a lot of play and also the temprature on gaming will make that such as hell.

• MrCompuDoc
        MrCompuDoc commented
        Editing a comment

WynnD wrote:
        Yea, I upgraded the processor to a quad core that came with a heat pipe type of heat sink. I also found out why that other one I had put on worked so well. It was designed for a 155 watt processor and the dual core was only 66 watts. The new quad core is 125 watts and runs a little hotter with it's own heat sink. (Still generally below 50 degrees Centigrade.) The mother board won't support more wattage to the CPU. Generally speaking the new CPU just sizzles.

WynnD --

You should consider making yourself an OIL RIG!!! They're a TRIP!!!

Here's a couple of videos to check out!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eub39NaC4rc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1_iZ-4Tft4

Enjoy!!

Working...
    X