X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any way to save this track?

So, I have a few DVD data discs from 2004 containing all the individual master tracks from 10+ studio recordings. I was planning on putting all the tracks on a flash drive, and possibly another DVD as additional backup sources. When transferring the tracks from the DVD to the computer, all the tracks copy and paste fine but one. It gets an error, it wont play (or even get recognized) in any audio programs either. It is a important track within the song that cant really be replicated. Is there any way to salvage this corrupted track? thanks.

what format is the problem file?

also have you run any checking software on the disk?

have you tried reading from another drive?

Comment

what format is the problem file?

also have you run any checking software on the disk?

have you tried reading from another drive?

It is a .wav file.

I tried burning a copy of the disc to another DVD and it got an error, presumably because of that one corrupted track.

Yes, same result.

Comment

...this is why you always need to have more than one backup...
        Tim O'Brien

Comment

So, I have a few DVD data discs from 2004 containing all the individual master tracks from 10+ studio recordings. I was planning on putting all the tracks on a flash drive, and possibly another DVD as additional backup sources. When transferring the tracks from the DVD to the computer, all the tracks copy and paste fine but one. It gets an error, it wont play (or even get recognized) in any audio programs either. It is a important track within the song that cant really be replicated. Is there any way to salvage this corrupted track? thanks.

worth a try: open it with Cooledit. It'll open any file as a WAV, but you need to tell it the bit width and sampling rate for it to work.

Comment

Working...
          X