Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse

Announcement

Harmony Central has “soft launched” our new mobile experience this past week. While we have done extensive testing, we know that with a community as large as HC that there will be items that surface that will still need to be addressed. We are asking that you utilize the thread belowto report any challenges you may encounter. Here are the things we request you provide: A brief description of the issue, the device and operating system version you were using, the browser and version, screen resolution, and a screen shot of the display.
Thanks for your patience as we work towards the best experience we can provide to our community.

http://www.harmonycentral.com/forum/...ablet-feedback
See more
See less

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Skype - Can instruments be heard each end through mic inputs

Hi

Hope someone can assist here if possible, myself and a band mate who live to far apart for regular rehearsals are trying to use Skype to play each instrument and here each others parts. practice etc.

At the moment we have at one end Bass player with practice amp that the other user is hearing through a laptop mic.

The other end is guitar plugged into a POD HD500 which is ocnnected to the laptop by USB.

Should there/is there a way of getting both instruments direct into each laptop so we both here the a better sound the other end?

I have tried connecting my HD500 to my laptop into the mic in3.5mm jack but nothing.

Both laptops are windows PC'd

hope soemone knows the answer

thanks
    <div class="signaturecontainer">Grant<br />
    <br />
    <font face="Arial Black"><i><a href="http://www.openroadtheband.com" target="_blank">www.openroadtheband.com</a></i></font><br />
    <br />
    <b><i><a href="http://www.myspace.com/openroadrockcovers" target="_blank">www.myspace.com/openroadrockcovers</a></i></b></div>

Sorry to say - but NO... 

Skype will only offer to select a BONIFIDE microphone - not a "line in"...

And if each of you are using speakers - that mic will feedback the speakers into it as well...

Best for each of you to use headphones and separate mics (which can be integral to your camera as well - no problem)...

Good Luck!! 

<div class="signaturecontainer"><font size="1">SuperMicro - X7DA3+<br />
    Xeon X5470's - 24GB ECC FB<br />
    12TB SAS [HS] Backbone<br />
    Quadro FX 5800 4G<br />
    R800w power [HS]<br />
    Greenvalley HDV SP Broadcast Suite<br />
    3 Sony 3/4&quot; Pro VTRs<br />
    Roland V-Synth GT<br />
    Roland Fantom XR W/RPC-1<br />
    Roland MC-808<br />
    Roland VS2480DVD<br />
    5.1 Dynaudio BM5A<br />
    60&quot; HD Multi-Touch (unfinished)<br />
    OpenFrameWorks +plugs<br />
    <br />
    Wish I could force it to make Lattés!</font><br />
    _______________<br />
    <font size="3">The BAD taste of LOW QUALITY remains long after the GOOD taste of LOW PRICE!!...</font></div>

Comment

• tecknot
      tecknot commented
      Editing a comment

If Skpe only accepts the PC's mic input, then why can't a headset work?  Well, it does work with a head set (not just the PC's mic). 

You can have the Bass player mic his/her amp and send that to the PC's mic input.  But first I would suggest splitting the mic input so that the player can mic him/herself and the bass amp simultaneously.  However, it would be much better if your bass player used an audio interface to send the bass signal to the PC.  And if the interface has two inputs, then one could be used by the bass and the other by the player's (vocal) microphone.  Note that the interface will then need to run in WDM driver mode (as opposed to ASIO) in order for Skype to recognize the interface's input.

Kind regards,

tecknot

P.S.  I have used this method for capturing Skype conversations in my DAW.

• wcttech
      wcttech commented
      Editing a comment

Skype is a software application that allows users to make voice and video calls and chats over the Internet. Calls to other users within the Skype service are free, while calls to both traditional landline telephones and mobile phones can be made for a fee using a debit-based user account system. Skype was founded by Niklas Zennstrom and Janus Friis who were also the founders of the file sharing application Kazaa.

Skype has also become popular for its additional features which include instant messaging, file transfer, and video conferencing. Skype has 663 million registered users as of 2010.

ATI RADEON HD 5670 – SERIES GRAPHICS CARDS FROM AMD

hello, this is a very good forum sites i always read the information given in this forum it can help in many areas.skype is very useful tool for online chat with video facility it provide fast chatting track to the user.

Comment

• kulinilesh456
      kulinilesh456 commented
      Editing a comment

Skype is a computer program that can be used to make free voice calls over the Internet to anyone else who is also using Skype.

power isolators

I am truly pleased to read this Skype posts which carries lots of helpful data, thanks for providing these kinds of statistics.

Comment

I use skype as well.But sometimes it occurs problem due to slow net connection.

Comment

Working...
      X