Linux Users: Does anyone know how to uninstall Ubuntu 11.04

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

Conversation Detail Module
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linux Users: Does anyone know how to uninstall Ubuntu 11.04

Need some help, my days with Linux are numbered. Thanks.

Westerly Guild Guitars - Website

My goal was/is to be "Campfire Good".

What's "campfire good"? I've been around some campfires where the players were pretty good.

So if that is "campfire good"...and that is my goal...Then I guess I'll stick to "candle good" until I improve...

Just delete the partitions it's on.
    Tim O'Brien

Wanna borrow my sledgehammer??...

Do what Tim said - Destroy the partitions and re-partition & format, then instal your pref. Op_Sys..

Good Luck!!

SuperMicro - X7DA3+
      Xeon X5470's - 24GB ECC FB
      12TB SAS [HS] Backbone
      Quadro FX 5800 4G
      R800w power [HS]
      Greenvalley HDV SP Broadcast Suite
      3 Sony 3/4" Pro VTRs
      Roland V-Synth GT
      Roland Fantom XR W/RPC-1
      Roland MC-808
      Roland VS2480DVD
      5.1 Dynaudio BM5A
      60" HD Multi-Touch (unfinished)
      OpenFrameWorks +plugs

Wish I could force it to make Lattés!
      The BAD taste of LOW QUALITY remains long after the GOOD taste of LOW PRICE!!...

• Imthere
        Imthere commented
        Editing a comment
        Install a better dist like Mint Ubuntu got wierd

T.B. wrote:
      Need some help, my days with Linux are numbered. Thanks.

Trina, before you give up on Linux give PCLOS a shot. It flat blows away anything that's ever had to do with Ubuntu. PCLOS is a derivative of Mandriva and I've been using it for a number of years without any issues.I personally use their KDE desktop on my computers, including this 64 bit laptop and I have their LXDE version running on my wife's PC and mini laptop. They use a rolling update system through Synaptic but you can also use apt-get if you like that better.

Download and burn the iso and then fire it up so you can check it out. If you like it and decide to install it their install program has a disk manager to use for deleting, resizing or using current partitions, reformatting them and then going on with the install. Grub is the boot loader.

A note; They will only support issues with programs installed from their repositories because it's all tested to work with PCLOS and because of that there are few, if any problems.

Still Kickin' cancer's ass....Blue Water Sailors of the Vietnam WarHCGB Trooper #246Psalm 19 SocietyI can't really imagine experiencing the desire for multiple women; one has proven to be taxing enough as it is.Thanks Offy

Incredible story there. What happened after? Take care!