Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best free firewall for free antivirus?

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best free firewall for free antivirus?

I am using Win XP, and it comes with a firewall, which I have never really done anything with.

A friend got a virus, even though he had Norton on his system, and later was told that a firewall would have helped him.

I heard that if you are using free anti-virus, that it is better to use the free Zonealarm firewall then the WinXP firewall.

Use Microsoft Security Essentials.

Comment

I'm using ZenOK free antivirus for a couple of months now...so far so good

Comment

What if I have XP & have the virus on the tower that was being given out as a antivirus program awhile back 6 momths

I can get it to boot into safe mode ...but I don't know how to work anything

I need to clean the tower up ..any advice ,,,I got you guys on here to give me some tps on getting the virus off the tower , but , I just couldn't figure it out & I get tired of asking the same stuf over & over ..

so any help / info would be great ...thanks Kevin
        Good Transactions : Walking3rds- Doctor Morbius x 2 - mmkco x 2 -Yavin x 2 - 59vampire -thevintagesound -Big Pimpin' T -
        2deaconblues - Dixie 10-8 -lfrz93-Florbastang-deadanddreaming-guillatool1-EdgeOvThorns-11justin22- steve_man-TheLivingDead-MoreGuitars--notesfield-ZombieCat-Clapton is God-

Joe Ganzalse ......I'll get Joes user name & post him as a bad trader , he'll never use , the user name again anyway !

thanks ..Kevin

Comment

Despite of using any external firewall in your system its better advisable to configure some of the most vital features of the inbuild firewall which comes along with operating system to make it perform to its best.

Comment

Use microsoft security, total 24*7 security, kshaparsky.

Comment

I am using AVG and i think it is perfect.

Comment

I second the AVG endorsement. I've been using it for years with no breaches. I use the paid version however.
                http://thebasement.createaforum.com/

Comment

Working...
                X