No announcement yet.

What OS are you using?

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What OS are you using?

Just thought there might be people out there using old versions of windows. Is this working for you?

I had to click on 5 because I have and use computers with them. I have Win 7 in my studio, I have XP at work, I have vista on the Home computer where I also do mastering, and I have another computer with an 8 track card next to my easy chair in the living room for recording ideas running ME. The card is older and cant be upgraded to XP but works fine so i still have a use for it.

On my job I network computers so I run into all kinds of OS and linux, NP, Macs, and all kinds of other systems not listed.

Comment

I'm currently using Windows 7 on both of my main computers. No issues as of yet.

Comment

im using it on windows 7 ultimate and its working fine.

Comment

windows 7 and ubuntu

Comment

Where's the Linux option?

Kubuntu 10.04 (Lucid) 64 Bit. After some tweaking I'm liking it so far. It's a bit different than Ubuntu.

Comment

Linux astarte 2.6.32-5-686 #1 SMP Thu Aug 12 13:38:27 UTC 2010 i686 GNU/Linux

Comment

Windows 7, and Mac OS X, and Ubuntu Linux.
                Dexter fans, check out The DexterCast podcast on iTunes or www.thedextercast.com. Two hosts have seen Dexter, two are watching for the first time.

Comment

Windows 2000, XP, 2003, Vista, 7, and an iMac with OSX 10.6.2. I don't have any Linux boxes at the moment.
                  Slow down music
                  Guitar & Drum Trainer
                  Check GDT on Facebook here.

Comment

Interesting that many people have both PC's and Macs. Wouldn't it be cheaper and easier to pick one and go with it...?

Comment

WinXP on the recording setup. PCLOS on this lappy, LXDE (PCLOS) on wife's lappy and the music/radio streamer. I do still have 95, 98, ME and Win2K on disks and .
                      Still Kickin' cancer's ass....Blue Water Sailors of the Vietnam WarHCGB Trooper #246Psalm 19 SocietyI can't really imagine experiencing the desire for multiple women; one has proven to be taxing enough as it is.Thanks Offy

Comment

Interesting that many people have both PC's and Macs. Wouldn't it be cheaper and easier to pick one and go with it...?

Not in my case. I have to have a Mac for development. I write software for musicians (mostly guitarists), and I get a LOT of people asking me for a Mac version.

Incidentally, I've got a 50% off sale at Bits du Jour this Friday. There's more information about it at my software's Facebook page here, and at my blog here.

In the blog I mention the new versions coming out, and 2 of those require a Mac.

I know that for other people that use computers professionally, they need to have multiple operating systems. e.g. Audio engineers and recording engineers often work on a Mac ProTools workstation, but have Windows at home or something like that.

For most people though, I don't see the point in having more than 1 computers. Maybe a desktop and a laptop, but that's about it.
                        Slow down music
                        Guitar & Drum Trainer

Comment

I have used most OS that ever came out from Windows starting from 95. I have to say, I would highly suggest XP over any other OS just because I find it more stable.

Years ago I used to work for a 3D audio company, and when I would talk with audio engineers and recording engineers, they would mostly say that they preferred Windows 2000 over XP, also mentioning stability.

I suppose that it all boils down to hardware support maturing.

BSODs are almost always caused by hardware drivers. I can't even remember the last time I had a BSOD that wasn't cause by a driver.
                          Slow down music
                          Guitar & Drum Trainer

Comment

DOS v3.0

Has there been an upgrade?

Comment

I'm using XP SP 3,works fine except I'm getting a fair bit of noise when I open Cubase....

Comment

• allentrendin
                                allentrendin commented
                                Editing a comment
                                I'm using Windows 8, having better features than any other os. having good experience with using windows 8. I would like to suggest all my friends to install windows 8. Earlier I was using some other OS which is not updated. So I stongly suggest all to work on windows 8 than any other operating system. ‚Äč

Working...
                            X