X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OCR For Notation?

Has anyone ever made a program that can convert a scanned music page into midi data? I tried a program out called PDF 2 MIDI, but it could only translate notation files created in notation software. I thought this was pretty lame, as of course you already have a midi file.

So I was wondering if anyone ever made a software that can do the real deal and convert any scanned music notation (ie a graphics file) in midi data? Thanks for any info on this.

myriad-online.com

They have a $20 plugin called OMER for their notation program that can scan and make editable files.

(Harmony Assistant ($85)/Melody Assistant ($25) are great notation programs. Cheap, very powerful and multi-platform... No spam, I've just been using both of them for years.)
    <div class="signaturecontainer">Tim O'Brien</div>

Comment

Thanks much! I'll look into them.

Comment

I have only used OCR to recognize text from scanned, image-based document files, search text within the scanned PDF files and do PDF conversion work with the help of it. Btw, the free onle online do not have so many professional functions with the paid ones. So I agree with you to employ one. Good luck.

Regards,

Arron

Comment

Working...
        X