Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drum Patterns Software?

I have been considering buying a low-end keyboard with a bunch of drum patterns to use as a practice tool for guitar. I have zero interest in playing piano, I just want some drums to practice to. I know that there are dedicated drum machines, but I'm only interested in pre-made drum patterns. The time I would have to spend composing beats would take away precious guitar practice time. I would only be willing to spend around $100 anyway. So here's my question, are there any PC programs that can do what I'm looking for? Yesterday I installed Magix Music Maker 12 Deluxe and it only has around 30 different patterns, of which I only found a few that were usable. Are there other programs that offer 100+ patterns? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Check out Tunafish by Bram Bos. It's cheap, very rhythm oriented, and easy to use.

http://brambos.com/index.htm

Comment

That's something where I would have to make the beats myself, so that's not what I'm looking for. Thanks anyway, though. Any other relevant suggestions?

Comment

Jamstix - www.rayzoon.com
        Lyrics Songs Demos Videos Covers Dj Facebook Tumblr

Before you leave the house, look in the mirror and take one thing off.

-Coco Chanel

Comment

Close, but no cigar(only 50 patterns). Looks like I'm gonna have to go with a keyboard or drum machine.

Comment

Magix is MIDI capable.

Go on the internet and find a billion MIDI drum patterns and use 'em. You can also download MIDI songs and erase all but the drum parts and use 'em.

If you want to pay a little, http://www.groovemonkee.com has great midi drum patterns (even some free ones to try out)
            Tim O'Brien

Comment

I'll keep that in mind, thank you.

Comment

How about downloading Reaper ( Free ) and using some of it's built-in, 3rd party drum samples? If you just need drum patterns, PM me.

Also, as TimOBrien said, there's lots of MIDI's on the web, mostly whole songs and a lot are ghetto as a mo fo but you can chop them up into useful, simple beats to play over. I've gotten quite a bit of MIDI's of songs off of newsgroups that seem pretty accurate. That would still require something like Reaper to play them though.

You could try this http://www.acoustica.com/beatcraft/ It's $40-ish. Very easy. I can't comment on the drum sounds or the quality/quantity of beats though. I used it for about 10 minutes and thought it was just too ghetto to be useful. Some guys love it though.

If you spend about $150 you can get Toontracks' EZ Drummer. It works great with Reaper and has a few hundred very good, useable built-in patterns that you just drag and drop onto Reaper. No editing required and there are many variations of each pattern if you want to get fancy.
                Good Deals: Uberscha11 Jim Hunter gy9505 Effectsiation jmiller475 KjStrat62 orwellguitar johnmac99
                Totally not a fan of ElectricDreams

Currently Rockin:
                '95 MusicMan Silo w/Floyd, Gibson Iommi(B)/Dimarzio Air Norton(N)
                Ibanez S520EX DiMarzio ToneZone (B)/Agile HB(N)
                '06 VHT PittBull 45
                Dunlop 535Q, DOD FX-17, MXR DynaComp, EHX Worm, Ibanez FL-9, EHX SMM/H

Comment

Sorry for just jumpin in here but I'm new to recording and jusr recently started using reaper. How do I go about using the drum samples you were referring too? thnx

Comment

If you have an android phone you can try Drummer Friend.
                    Is an app that i found on Google play. It has over 100 Pre programmed rhythms that can be modified
                    or used as source for creating new variations.
                    Every rhythms has parts for intro,varition,fill-in and finale.
                    The sound is amazing, it has also some effects like reverb and equalization.

Comment

• clymene
                      clymene commented
                      Editing a comment

There is online drum pattern that I think its free. You can learn drum sequence there for free. 

http://www.drumbot.com/projects/sequence/

The other one is PC drummer. However, it is not free but they have free trial.

Working...
                  X