No announcement yet.

Windows media player plays songs out-of-order

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows media player plays songs out-of-order

Gets to be real annoying. If I play a cd from a hard drive, the player seems to choice any order instead of the order they were on the original CD. Anyone know how to fix this?
    Gibson LP Standard, Flying V, Goth II SG w/ EMG 81/85, SG Special, SG Classic w/P-90s, SG Voodoo, SG Special Platinum w/ Lace Arena Pup Epiphone Les Paul Custom w/ SD JB/Jazz, SG in walnut w/ Alumitones,
    Peavey Bravo Head, XXX
    Carvin MTS-3200, V3, V3M
    RedStar Audio Blackjack 2x12 cabs
    Mesa & Madison cabs

Try creating a new playlist.Just drag and drop the tracks in the order you want them to play.

Comment

turn off shuffle
      Interviewer: "So Frank, you have long hair. Does that make you a woman?"
      Frank Zappa: "You have a wooden leg. Does that make you a table?"
      06 Fender Standard Strat
      Roland Cube 15 Watts
      Vox 847 Wah Wah

Comment

even in the future nothing works
        There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov, Newsweek (21 January 1980)

Comment

turn off shuffle
          The least comfortable questions lead to the most important answers.

Comment

When you rip a CD it will go to your hard drive in alphabetical order and Media Player will play it as it is on your HD. You need to add a number in front of the title "01 Song A", "02 Song B", etc. or you can get iTunes - it's free and easier to get along with.
            "No one ever goes to heaven deservingly
            and no one ever goes to hell unwillingly."
            -CS Lewis

Comment

When you rip a CD it will go to your hard drive in alphabetical order and Media Player will play it as it is on your HD. You need to add a number in front of the title "01 Song A", "02 Song B", etc. or you can get iTunes - it's free and easier to get along with.

What on earth are you talking about? WMP is perfectly capable of ordering songs by track number, as is Windows Explorer. There's no need whatsoever to put track numbers in the file names, that info is automatically added when the song is ripped.

I'd put my money on shuffle mode as well.
              It's a well-known fact that 100% of people who sell their Telecasters, die.

Comment

Switch to iTunes
                http://www.audioscrobbler.com/user/bendedavis

Comment

What on earth are you talking about? WMP is perfectly capable of ordering songs by track number, as is Windows Explorer. There's no need whatsoever to put track numbers in the file names, that info is automatically added when the song is ripped.

I'd put my money on shuffle mode as well.

Not true, it depends on what version/release you have.
                  "No one ever goes to heaven deservingly
                  and no one ever goes to hell unwillingly."
                  -CS Lewis

Comment

Do tell, then, what ancient version is incapable of doing that?
                    It's a well-known fact that 100% of people who sell their Telecasters, die.

Comment

Hey Acid,

This was probably the most annoying thing i found about wmp, a lot of the albums i have (amusement parks on fire, sigur ross etc) have been recorded so that each song flows into the other (there might be a special name for this??) - so when i play the album i really dont want wmp to just pick a song out at random, followed by another.

Anyway, i just use winamp now, i much prefer it, for SO many rreasons. you can just right click a folder an select play in winamp an it will play in that order (as long as shuffle aint on) - it rules, you should make the switch! lol

Anyho, im new here by the way - so be nice!

Comment

itunes on a pc is complete ****************.

Comment

itunes on a pc is complete ****************.

You think anything Apple is complete **************** (possibly because of your conflict of interest). We should take you seriously this time why???

I agree with you, BTW.
                          Dexter fans, check out The DexterCast podcast on iTunes or www.thedextercast.com. Two hosts have seen Dexter, two are watching for the first time.

Comment

no, itunes is great on a MAC. thats what i use on my mac's. i also think FCP is a lovely application. i dont think you know anything about me. funny however you want to take a poke yet are in agreement.

you do seem to forget run and have been running both platforms for decades now.

Comment

oh and QT sucks balls on a PC as well, works fine on a MAC...

Comment

Working...
                              X