No announcement yet.

Computer crashes when I choose i/o in Ableton with Scarlett 2i2

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Computer crashes when I choose i/o in Ableton with Scarlett 2i2

Just bought the Scarlett 2i2 and finished downloading and installing everything. If I go into Ableton preferences, I can choose the Scarlett as an output or input. As soon as I choose it for the other, my whole system crashes. I've got the latest OS Sierra, my macbook exceeds all system requirements, and I've even tried uninstalling and reinstalling Ableton and the Scarlett low latency driver. Nothing helps. I've scoured the internet but to no avail. Help? Anyone? Buehler? I'm a little pissed that I basically have an expensive paperweight and I've spent 4 hours trying to figure it out.
    Good deal with Randy Rules

I did notice that even though I installed the low latency driver, it's still not found in the directory it's supposed to be in. HD > Library > Extensions.

Comment

Disregard, problem fixed, low latency driver is garbage. I used the wrong file path. For those who may encounter this issue, make sure to use file path HD > SYSTEM > Library > Extensions. The path I posted above also contains the same folders so it's a bit misleading but it's not the folders you want.

Comment

Working...
      X