Latency (or stretching) in MIDI Track with EXS24

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Latency (or stretching) in MIDI Track with EXS24

Hi..

I designed a custom instrument in EXS24 for the first time and I’ve got problems.
    I found a realistic guitar sound (pack) to use EXS24 in MIDI channels and loaded its WAV files to the sampler. The problem is that the result is a very big latency but I’m not sure if it’s consist of that usual well known latency, because -especially in low notes- the notes sounds like they’re stretched; start time, attack time -or picking duration- of the note sounds longer than the original WAV files.
    Is there a method to solve this problem? Am I missing a very simple setting?

I must say that I loaded lots of wav files into this EXS24 instrument (more than 120).

Are you loading a single sample, or a set of multisamples? From the description, it sounds like a single sample is being mapped to the entire keyboard and is therefore being transposed and stretched on the low notes, resulting in the slow attack and other weirdness. I am not really familiar with the EXS24, but I'd start by double checking the sample mapping to insure it's using the multisamples and not just transposing a single sample. It's also possible the multisample set has limited samples in the low frequency range, resulting in a sample that's stretched so far the weirdness is becoming audible - I've seen that before too.

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."

- George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."

- Sir George Martin, All You Need Is Ears

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."

- Bob Lefsetz, The Lefsetz Letter

Comment

A set of more than 120 samples of WAV files. And yes, samples were limited in lows. Actually in EXS24's window they all sounds fine, but when I use that instrument in Logic those weird things happens. (I changed the route to do the same thing with Kontakt.) Thank you..
      Last edited by Manner; 03-26-2015, 05:35 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X