No announcement yet.

Cubase App?

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cubase App?

I've been considering the Cubase App for my Apple Air. Has anyone toyed with it? $49.99 seems a bit steep. Is it worth the money or is there something comparable that I should be looking at?

Thanks,
    Gary

EDIT: Did I really type Cabase and not Cubase? LOL!
    Last edited by gpaaib; 07-04-2014, 07:23 PM.

I'm using Cubase Artist 6 on my MacBook Pro. It's cross platform so I can use it on my PC too. (Only one at a time. USB dongle license.) Don't know about the ipad app, but the computer version has a lot of bells and whistles that I'm betting won't fit on a tablet. I love the touchscreen, but I'll wait until my next laptop for that feature. (I'm already reaching to use it.)

Comment

Is it pretty user friendly?

Comment

Probably as much as any other DAW out there. There is a learning curve, but while it's way better than Garage band, I find it easier to use than Garage band. (Probably because I have nearly never used Garage Band.) There are a lot of tools that I haven't got around to using. I use the tone controls, delay, reverb and occasionally compression. You can slice, splice, duplicate, change tempos or keys. And those are the things I use frequently. (works with video too, but I've only used it that way once.) Like I said before, I'm not familiar with the app. Will try to look at it. (Is there a trial version?)

Comment

One thing i have to ask .. for that price. Are we talking Cubasis for IPAD air.. or Cubase for Macbook air? I have to admit for both I love the interplay between Cubasis and Cubase. I can start a composition on the ipad and then upload it via dropbox.. and suck it right into Cubase on my mac at home. Great way to work.
          Last edited by adriaantaylor; 07-09-2014, 11:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by adriaantaylor View Post
            One thing i have to ask .. for that price. Are we talking Cubasis for IPAD air.. or Cubase for Macbook air? I have to admit for both I love the interplay between Cubasis and Cubase. I can start a composition on the ipad and then upload it via dropbox.. and suck it right into Cubase on my mac at home. Great way to work.
            I will be running it on my Air, but that's good to know. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by gpaaib View Post
              I've been considering the Cubase App for my Apple Air. Has anyone toyed with it? $49.99 seems a bit steep. Is it worth the money or is there something comparable that I should be looking at?

Thanks,
              Gary

EDIT: Did I really type Cabase and not Cubase? LOL!
              It happens. I've been known to do stuff like that myself on occasion.

I went ahead and fixed the typo for you.

PS I wish I could tell you more about the app, but I have not tried it myself yet, so....

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."

- George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."

- Sir George Martin, All You Need Is Ears

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."

- Bob Lefsetz, The Lefsetz Letter

Comment

Working...
              X