Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OSX 10.8.2 Disk Mounting Issues...

This is a weird one so I thought i'd check to see if it's just me, or something that's happening to others..

I upgraded my Macbook Pro to 10.8.2 some time ago. The problem I have is that downloading .DMG files to it often gives a "The Following Disk Images Couldn't Be Opened" Reason = Image Data Corrupted.

I've downloaded Kontakt from their own website and it gives this message. Since a month ago or so, i've increasingly been seeing this message after downloading .DMG's.

This is where it gets weird. I bought a Mac Mini a few days back which came with 10.8.2. I've loaded up Logic Pro 9 and all the usual stuff I use on my Macbook Pro. I just downloaded Flip4mac and i'm getting the same message.. Completely different computer!!!

Anyone heard of these issues?

I've tried Kontakt on the mini and i'm getting the same damn thing on that as well..

Anyone heard of these issues?
    "(The New Testament) is a work of crude carpentry, hammered together long after its purported events, and full of improvised attempts to make things come out right." Christopher Hitchens, R.I.P

Could be corrupted files or some kind of virus. Avast is now available for free for macs. Go to their site.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by WynnD
      View Post

Could be corrupted files or some kind of virus. Avast is now available for free for macs. Go to their site.

I might check that out.. Weird that it's happening on both machines though...
      "(The New Testament) is a work of crude carpentry, hammered together long after its purported events, and full of improvised attempts to make things come out right." Christopher Hitchens, R.I.P

Comment

• Paul.M.
        Paul.M. commented
        Editing a comment

I have experienced the same issue. The WiFi connection breaks off periodically with OS X 10.8.2 on my MacBook Pro. This makes downloading a larger dmg rather difficult without corrupting the file. Currently the only solution is to use a wired internet connection whenever downloading large files.

• Rimmer
        Rimmer commented
        Editing a comment

Running 10.8.4 now and still the same issues. Interesting comment though. I may well give it a shot when i'm home but i'm not convinced it'll make the difference.. You never know until you try!!

Regards. Rimmer

Working...
    X