Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse

Announcement

Harmony Central has “soft launched” our new mobile experience this past week. While we have done extensive testing, we know that with a community as large as HC that there will be items that surface that will still need to be addressed. We are asking that you utilize the thread belowto report any challenges you may encounter. Here are the things we request you provide: A brief description of the issue, the device and operating system version you were using, the browser and version, screen resolution, and a screen shot of the display.
Thanks for your patience as we work towards the best experience we can provide to our community.

http://www.harmonycentral.com/forum/...ablet-feedback
See more
See less

Facebook screen looks wrong on my Mac. Help.

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Facebook screen looks wrong on my Mac. Help.

I recently started having issues with Facebook on my Mac.
    The login screen looks wrong and after I login it continues to looks wrong.

It looks that way on every browser I've tried (firefox, chrome, safari)
    but I don't recall having the issue with the PCs at the hotels I'm staying at,
    which is why I'm assuming the issue is with the Mac.

Has anyone seen this problem or know how to get back to the normal screen view?
    SELLING
    $40 Washburn Lyon wah
    $50 Korg EXP2 expression pedal
    $80 Ernie Ball VP Jr volume pedal
    $60 Electro Harmonix Octave Multiplexer
    $600 Rivera TBR1 2 channel preamp stereo power amp
    $150 Roland GP100 preamp/multi effects/ speaker emulator
    $140 Carvin DCM 150-150 watt stereo power amp

www.jpaulmusic.com
    www.facebook.com/jpaulmusic

Hello, I may be able to help, but I need some additional information first. If you can answer the following questions, I can help you with identifying and fixing the problem.

-Is the problem only with Facebook, or with all websites?

-Does most of the text on the webpages you view normally default to that typewriter-style font, or is it usually in something more like Times New Roman?

-Have you downloaded any fonts from the web lately?

-When/how did you first notice the problem?

-Have you changed settings on either your Mac or your Facebook account lately?

-Have you changed any settings with your router/wifi/internet provider lately that might result in a different bandwith or different service plans?

Just try to answer these as completely as you can, and I'll be happy to help.

Comment

Hi,

Thanks for responding. The issue mysteriously resolved itself the day after I posted this, but I'll go ahead and answer these just to have it on record for the next time. lol.

-Have you changed any settings with your router/wifi/internet provider lately that might result in a different bandwith or different service plans?

No, but we did change the name of the person the bill was in (which means the ISP had to disconnect, we had to turn in the old hardware and get new hardware.....odd policy)...but we have the SAME plan with the SAME ISP.
      SELLING
      $40 Washburn Lyon wah
      $50 Korg EXP2 expression pedal
      $80 Ernie Ball VP Jr volume pedal
      $60 Electro Harmonix Octave Multiplexer
      $600 Rivera TBR1 2 channel preamp stereo power amp
      $150 Roland GP100 preamp/multi effects/ speaker emulator
      $140 Carvin DCM 150-150 watt stereo power amp

www.jpaulmusic.com
      www.facebook.com/jpaulmusic

Comment

That's great that it resolved itself, but I can tell you why it most likely happened. It was probably caused from a poor internet connection, which seems highly probable if you were at hotels and on airplanes and you changed your internet-related hardware. Some websites, such as Gmail and Facebook, will default to a simple HTML format if the page is taking too long to load. Since HTML is pretty limited, that's why you were noticing the extremely simple and strange interface. It also seems very suspicious that you had to confirm your identity. If it ever happens again, make sure to double check that you're actually on the legit Facebook website and not some personal information-stealing phishing site.

Comment

Working...
        X