Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

In GarageBand, how do you record parts while playing the track?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In GarageBand, how do you record parts while playing the track?

Whenever I try to record a software guitar part while playing a previously recorded drum part, GB stretches the hell out of the guitar notes that I'm playing and screws up my whole timing. But when I play the same guitar part without playing the drum part in the background, I'm fine.

Is that how you record? Put down everything as a stand alone take and then only play it back together? I can't work like this. I sure as hope Logic doesn't have this issue when I get it.

How can a musician ever get anything right this way? Is it because my mac is old and I have an old version of GB I cant update?

Whenever I try to record a software guitar part while playing a previously recorded drum part, GB stretches the hell out of the guitar notes that I'm playing and screws up my whole timing. But when I play the same guitar part without playing the drum part in the background, I'm fine.

Is that how you record? Put down everything as a stand alone take and then only play it back together? I can't work like this. I sure as hope Logic doesn't have this issue when I get it.

How can a musician ever get anything right this way? Is it because my mac is old and I have an old version of GB I cant update?

Sounds like you have some time stretching thing going on. It sounds a little more like you never read the manual though. Logic does not do this as a matter of course though so I suspect, with respect... that it's pilot error..!
    "(The New Testament) is a work of crude carpentry, hammered together long after its purported events, and full of improvised attempts to make things come out right." Christopher Hitchens, R.I.P

Comment

Sounds like you have some time stretching thing going on. It sounds a little more like you never read the manual though. Logic does not do this as a matter of course though so I suspect, with respect... that it's pilot error..!
      Thanks. I fixed it. I wasn't locking my tracks...lol.

Comment

Working...
      X