Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How well does the 1080P compare to say a well authored Blu-ray in 1080P?

Streaming 1080p looks pretty nice but, as a matter of reality, contains less audio/visual data per second than a Bluray does. You might see encoding artifacts during the stream depending on your bandwidth to the device etc.

But if you're looking for highest quality AV, streaming isn't where one is going to look, anyway.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Vaginas are nice, but I wouldn't trade my balls for one." - boxorox

Comment

Oh, and I have an ATV2. I use it for Netflix, Youtube and for shows I've ripped with Handbrake and have imported to iTunes for Home Sharing usage. Works pretty well.
      --------------------------------------------------------------------------
      "Vaginas are nice, but I wouldn't trade my balls for one." - boxorox

Comment

Streaming 1080p looks pretty nice but, as a matter of reality, contains less audio/visual data per second than a Bluray does. You might see encoding artifacts during the stream depending on your bandwidth to the device etc.

But if you're looking for highest quality AV, streaming isn't where one is going to look, anyway.

Thank you for the info. Pretty much what I suspected.

Comment

Have you thought about Boxee or Roku instead?
          Both have Netflix and there's 3rd party software to get to your music + photos as well... might not be as easy to integrate, but they are other options to appleTV.
          <div class="signaturecontainer">A LIST OF <a href="http://acapella.harmony-central.com/showthread.php?2014628-Official-Effects-Good-Deal-Bad-Deal-Sticky!&amp;p=45682682&amp;viewfull=1#post45682682 " target="_blank"><font face="Trebuchet MS"><font size="2">GOOD DEALS</font></font></a></div>

Comment

I love the idea of sharing your files with everyone in your household wirelessly, though I have yet to try "mirroring" my Blu-ray movies from my MBP to my iPAD.

Comment

I just purchased a ThunderBolt to HDMI adapter so that I can play Blu-rays and other stuff from my MBP to my projector and thus far I am very impressed.

Comment

Trying to talk my GB into buying one of these rather than another MBP, seeing as we work mainly from home.

Comment

Trying to talk my GB into buying one of these rather than another MBP, seeing as we work mainly from home.

An Apple Tv instead of another MBP? I don't get it
                  <div class="signaturecontainer">"(The New Testament) is a work of crude carpentry, hammered together long after its purported events, and full of improvised attempts to make things come out right." Christopher Hitchens, R.I.P</div>

Comment

Apple TV and Mac Mini now or new MBP and Mac Mini now.

Comment

Working...
                    X