Collapse
No announcement yet.

I hate lion

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dropped it into a retail store. They have to replace the entire top half + do a complete diagnostics on it. Using my i,pad for now.

Comment

That is the great thing about Apple, their customer care is top notch.

Comment

If I still get bugs when it comes back I may consider going back to Snow Leopard.

Comment

Got my MBP back from Apple complete with brand new top half and keyboard. Been giving it a work out and it seems to be working fine....so far.

Comment

Cool. Fingers crossed then!!

Although there are a number of annoying aspects to Lion, it isn't as bad as some people have made out. It's a shame it doesn't install on my missus 1.83ghz core duo though as its 32bit which is a pain but thats Apple's progressionary tactics for you.
            "(The New Testament) is a work of crude carpentry, hammered together long after its purported events, and full of improvised attempts to make things come out right." Christopher Hitchens, R.I.P

Comment

No more glitches, however my battery life has taken a serious tumble. From 8 hours before repair down to 4 hours after.

Comment

No more glitches, however my battery life has taken a serious tumble. From 8 hours before repair down to 4 hours after.

Is it the model with the dual graphics chip like mine? If so, i'd check which chip is on by default. That can do it..
                "(The New Testament) is a work of crude carpentry, hammered together long after its purported events, and full of improvised attempts to make things come out right." Christopher Hitchens, R.I.P

Comment

Not sure, I'll check. Purchased in July of 2011.

Comment

I've had no issues with Lion on my MBP.

Comment

Is it the model with the dual graphics chip like mine? If so, i'd check which chip is on by default. That can do it..

Taking it down to the Apple store on Friday, see if they can sort out the battery life. It's only 7 months old.

Comment

Can anyone list the actual advantages of Lion over Snow Leopard please.

Comment

I let my MBP power down on its own, left it off for 8 hours and now my battery is back up to 9.5 hours.

Comment

Sorry to hear so many people are having a hard time with Lion. I have enjoyed it a lot and have had no problems. I've taken full advantage to the new OS. Mountain Lion looks great too, not too much of a change from Lion though.
                            progressive post metal!guitar lessons in Seattle.

Comment

I'd really like to know too.
                              Kawai acoustic piano, Hammond B-3, Leslie 145, Blue Andromeda A6, Yamaha Motif ES8, PLG150-AP,PLG150-PF, Roland JP-8000, Nord Electro 2/73, Alesis Fusion 8HD, Korg SG-Rack, Kurzweil ME-1, MOTU 828 MKII, Steinberg Cubase SX.

Comment

If you have been a PC user who has been using an iPad or iPhone, then you will be comfortable with the new cripple-ware Lion OS.
                                That is the advantage. To make switching the desktop computer easier for people who have made half the jump.
                                For long time users it is a no-win situation .
                                Fender-TeleSonic Tele Elite, ProJr, 75Amp, '67 Bassman w/212 cab
                                Gretsch- 71 Nashville, 2003 New Nashville
                                Gibson- 76 LP '55 model
                                BC Rich- 1977 Koa Eagle deluxe
                                Martin- 1972 D-35
                                Mesa Boogie-Subway Blues w/12" EVM 12L-F cab.
                                Assorted fun toys and boxes of joy.
                                "Many are cold, few are frozen"

Comment

Working...
                                X