Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Try repairing permissions with the disk utility. If that doesn't work run the hardware test utility that came with your machine.
    G-Dub
    www.studiog-fx.com
    15 inch Quad-core i7, Macbook Pro,
    OSX 10.8.2, LPX, Logic 9.1.8, Apollo Duo

Comment

10.7 is out very shortly and is going to be cheap and it could fix your problem..

10.7 will create more problems than it solves when it is released.
      Jonathan S. Abrams, CEA, CEV, CBNTVice-Chairman, NY section, AESApple Certified - Technical Coordinator (v10.5), Support Professional (v10.6 and v10.7)

Comment

If that doesn't work run the hardware test utility that came with your machine.

If you are going to do this, you should run the extended tests and place the machine in LOOPING ON mode. You can do this by pressing Control+L on the testing screen. Let the tests run overnight, and when you come back in the morning, you will either see an error message or not. If there is no error message, you restart your Mac knowing that it's unlikely that a hardware failure is causing your problem.
        Jonathan S. Abrams, CEA, CEV, CBNTVice-Chairman, NY section, AESApple Certified - Technical Coordinator (v10.5), Support Professional (v10.6 and v10.7)

Comment

Just updated to Lion. Lost the use of Cubase SE3 and my Palm sync software. Shutdown problem is still there. Will try the extended hardware tests.

Comment

It might be worth testing this problem with hardware peripherals unplugged. Hard drives, recording interfaces, USB accessories. Try removing one them and tell to shut down. Perhaps one of them is causing this? Do it one by one so you could potentially nail down a specific device.

Also did you try another user account, as previously suggested?

You could also open activity monitor to gain a little insight as to what processes are running. Maybe you can identify something unwanted? Or taking up too much CPU?

Comment

I've tried logging off before shutting down. I really only have one account on this computer. Will create a new one and give that a try. (Not expecting that to work, but would be thrilled to be proved wrong.) The hardware test didn't find any issues. Thanks for the suggestions.

Comment

Just another note: The problem occurs without regard to if it's docked or not. Still there and still intermittent.

Comment

Cleared a bunch of movies off and that seems to have helped. Problem is still there, just less pronounced.

Comment

Working...
                  X