Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I get East/West to run more fluently on Pro-Tools

Running a core 2 due 2.6 w4gigs ram on a Macbook pro.

Protools 8

East West (numerous libraries.)

Computer keeps bugging out even after maxing all of my buffers in the protools preferences.

I can't even run a single patch from Piano Gold without it crapping out on me 9 times out of 10 over a 4 minute solo.

Would love to make this shiney expensive software fly a little faster... any suggestions?

Best:
    N
    you could be doing something constructive right now...

Running a core 2 due 2.6 w4gigs ram on a Macbook pro.

Protools 8

East West (numerous libraries.)

Computer keeps bugging out even after maxing all of my buffers in the protools preferences.

I can't even run a single patch from Piano Gold without it crapping out on me 9 times out of 10 over a 4 minute solo.

Would love to make this shiney expensive software fly a little faster... any suggestions?

Best:
    N

What do you mean by maxing all your buffers in Pro Tools??
    "(The New Testament) is a work of crude carpentry, hammered together long after its purported events, and full of improvised attempts to make things come out right." Christopher Hitchens, R.I.P

Comment

You may use a workable software for this. I suggest search in google to get it free...
      Always try to give the right post

Comment

I'm using the EastWest stuff myself on Pro Tools. This is what worked best for me. In Play, set the engine level to "Low". In Pro Tools, set the RTAS CPU setting to all but one core and set the max to 90%. Try playing with "high memory allocation" in play. Use the largest hardware buffers in Pro Tools. I've found that Play sounds great, but is horribly hardware intensive. I've got a 2.8ghz 8 core with 8 gigs of ram and it still absolutely eats my machine alive! Pianos is one of their more intensive products too. This has generally been the number one complaint about Play. The new version of the Play engine is supposed to support 64 bit when it is released, which should help some people, although Pro Tools still does not support 64 bit.
        Current setup:
        Mesa Boogie Studio Preamp
        Crate TDP
        Tubeworks Mosvalve 1160 Poweramp
        TC Electronics G Major
        Myriad of pedals. Univox SMR-4
        Jackson King V Pro (well worn)
        Jackson DXMG
        Fender Squire Std.
        Yamaha FG730S

Comment

Do you have a separate samples drive?? (you should...)
          Tim O'Brien

Comment

Working...
          X