Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need help downloadinf MIDI files

I am new using Mac.(IMAC) I want to download free midi files to use in garageband. When i click save as, it is grayed out. What am I doing wrong?

I am new using Mac.(IMAC) I want to download free midi files to use in garageband. When i click save as, it is grayed out. What am I doing wrong?

Maybe they don't want you to download them, or download them in that way. Give me a link and i'll try it myself

Rimmer
    "(The New Testament) is a work of crude carpentry, hammered together long after its purported events, and full of improvised attempts to make things come out right." Christopher Hitchens, R.I.P

Comment

Thanks for the response. Try this link. should I be able to save midi file? http://members.aol.com/wpbgoodren/crazy.mid

Comment

hold down CONTROL and click on the link - choose save
        I tell them young boys all the time "There's 2 things you really need to be a "bluesman" - Percodan and Whiskey"

Comment

Thanks strangedogs. That works just fine....

Comment

Macs are friendly to a two+ button mouse. My scroll wheel/left/right and right button work fine. A right click on a two button mouse is the same as a control click with a one button mouse.

Consider an upgrade. I went for one of Logitech's mac wireless mouse/keyboard sets.

Comment

I'll die a one button man - I do have 2 button mice on my PC but I'm a Mac "Purist" so one button for me!
              I tell them young boys all the time "There's 2 things you really need to be a "bluesman" - Percodan and Whiskey"

Comment

Hi, I'm John from Hit Trax.

GarageBandisnottheidealprogramtobeeditingMIDiFiles. Forastart, therearenovisualeditors. I'drecommendscarpingafew  buckstogetherandbuying (Apple) LogicExpress. Thisisamuchbetterprogram, easytouseandyougetgreatbackingtracks.

HINT - when saving a MIDI File in Logic Express, always 'Select ALL' before exporting, otherwise Logic will only export the highlighted track or nothing at all if no tracks are selected.

Cheers, John
                Hit Trax
                www.HitTraxMIDI.com

Cheers, JohnHit Trax MIDI Fileswww.HitTraxMIDI.com

Comment

Working...
                X