No announcement yet.

Intel support now!

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intel support now!

OK, ALL Macs are now Intel based with the release of the Mac Pro.
    Way too many of our audio tools are not yet compatible with the Intel Macs. Everyone has stated that they will soon provide support for Intel Macs, but way too many are still behind schedule. Not only am I an Intel Mac user, but I'm in Pro Audio sales. I cannot sell your products and provide solutions to my clients if your products don't support the current computer hardware on the market. I know that everyone is working on providing this support, but it's time to put as many resources as possible in to this endevour. The longer this takes, the more sales you're going to lose.
    If you DO support Intel Macs I highly recommend that you make this VERY clear on the splash page of your websites. Wear this badge proudly and watch your sales increase. Also make SURE that your dealers know that you have this support. It makes all the difference.

Originally posted by BlackBoxDude
    OK, ALL Macs are now Intel based with the release of the Mac Pro.
    Way too many of our audio tools are not yet compatible with the Intel Macs. Everyone has stated that they will soon provide support for Intel Macs, but way too many are still behind schedule. Not only am I an Intel Mac user, but I'm in Pro Audio sales. I cannot sell your products and provide solutions to my clients if your products don't support the current computer hardware on the market. I know that everyone is working on providing this support, but it's time to put as many resources as possible in to this endevour. The longer this takes, the more sales you're going to lose.
    If you DO support Intel Macs I highly recommend that you make this VERY clear on the splash page of your websites. Wear this badge proudly and watch your sales increase. Also make SURE that your dealers know that you have this support. It makes all the difference.

Most if not all of the people here aren't salesmen though. I'm not sure who you are aiming this post at?

I agree these things can take too long sometimes but it's a question of economics. Digidesign are notorious at fluffing around with support. At least Logic audio is fully compatible. It will happen.

Maybe most of the companies have been dragging their feet until the new MacPros came out. We'll see what happens in the coming months..

Rimmer
    "(The New Testament) is a work of crude carpentry, hammered together long after its purported events, and full of improvised attempts to make things come out right." Christopher Hitchens, R.I.P

Comment

I concur that intel support is lacking, but who are you posting this to? most of us are users not programers/ DAW creators.
      www.nerolstudio.com

Comment

Hi.
        Apple is "way" ahead of schedule for thier intel transition. (I think it was supposed to be 1st or 2nd quarter '07') So I would guess that developers are scrambling to catch up
        Cuz

Comment

Originally posted by CuzCutz
          Hi.
          Apple is "way" ahead of schedule for thier intel transition. (I think it was supposed to be 1st or 2nd quarter '07') So I would guess that developers are scrambling to catch up
          Cuz

Good point..
          "(The New Testament) is a work of crude carpentry, hammered together long after its purported events, and full of improvised attempts to make things come out right." Christopher Hitchens, R.I.P

Comment

and they are going to be double scrambling to catch up to 64bit OS and processors!

Comment

Hi Folks,

New to forums, but I figue there is always room for one more...
              Getting a MacPro 2.66 on Wednesday. Anyone have experience loading Protools 7.1.1 LE on?

Thanks,

Jim
              Jim Gilmour
              jim@foolish.com

Comment

I have an Intel iMac and it works great. Digi has said that this version should work well with the Mac Pro, but they are still testing. I'm sure that Digi will release an LE and M-Powered version when they release an HD version for the Mac Pro.

Comment

Working...
                X