Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
No announcement yet.

Waves Diamond 5.0 Native for Mac - need help...

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

Conversation Detail Module
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Waves Diamond 5.0 Native for Mac - need help...

I just purchased a legit used copy of Waves Diamond Bundle Native 5.0, and am wondering why it won't stay loaded on my computer. I'll reset my i-Lock, and then load the software, but then when I turn my computer off and back on again, the bundle won't load. What am I doing wrong? Am I missing a step? Any suggestions? I'm running a Mac G5 with dual 2.7GHz processors with 1.5 expanded memory with a Glyph GT50 external hard drive. I have Pro Tools LE (Version 6.9.2) rack w/ factory bundle.

I've heard Waves will blow you off if you didn't buy a new version from them, and Sweetwater isn't any help, even though I bought my computer and a crap-load of other stuff from them. When I was considering purchasing this copy off Ebay, some guy (a Waves rep / spy, no doubt) was asking me all kinds of questions about the copy I was purchasing, about the owner, etc. . Seems to me that the folks at Waves are real pricks. I may be wrong, but that's the impression I get. I almost wish I'd gone with another software manufacturer with other plug-ins. Anyway, I need some help! Any input appreciated. I don't want to have to go through the upload process every time I want to use Pro Tools. Oh, and I am basically a "Mac newbie".

Which hard drive are you installing the Waves plug-ins onto?

I'm loading on my Mac hard-drive. Should I be loading the software on my external hard-drive?

Originally posted by chazmuz
        I'm loading on my Mac hard-drive. Should I be loading the software on my external hard-drive?

No the Waves bundle should be on the main drive. Check out the Waves forums;maybe you can get some help there.
        Originally posted by Leilani
        That means the world to me, coming from a giant orange wearing sunglasses.

Originally Posted by hottness

you've earned yourself a free ride on the hottness express, last stop nutsville!

Originally Posted by CCA

MY agent orangey

Hi chazmuz,

Did you get a chance to try the suggestions from our Tech support team? Did it fix the problem?

Let me know if you still need assistance.

Doug Strahm
          Director of Customer Service

I've been out of town a couple of days and have been very busy with my day job. I will try to deal with some of the issues this afternoon or tomorrow. If anything arises, I'll be sure to let you know. Thanks!