X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• please help - 001 dilema

Hey all, I have purchased my 001 interface but it was sold with the XP compatable version of LE. I need a mac OS 9.2 compatable disc (any LE v5.x will do) so if anyone has upgraded and has thier old PT-LE disc lying around I would really appreciate it. I will pay postage and be forever in your debt.

thanks!
    <div class="signaturecontainer">You will undergo a crisis of faith when your preist cannot explain to you why everyone at the Last Supper was on one side of the table.</div>

well....um...

I have one, but I use it..

I'd be willing to make you a copy, but you gotta get your own serial key.

since it's not really "sold" anymore I guess it's not really wrong.....I mean you did buy it. Technically...
    <div class="signaturecontainer"><a href="http://www.purevolume.com/stiffoneeye" target="_blank">http://www.purevolume.com/stiffoneeye</a><br />
    <a href="http://www.purevolume.com/murphyjr" target="_blank">http://www.purevolume.com/murphyjr</a><br />
    Mesa Single Rectifier<br />
    Mesa 2x12 Rectifier Cab (Vintage 30s)<br />
    Mesa Boogie Busterbass 200<br />
    Mesa Boogie Diesel 1x15 &amp; 2x10<br />
    Gibson 1960 Les Paul Classic Bullion Gold <br />
    Gibson SG Standard Classic White<br />
    Gibson SG Faded Cherry - Burstbucker 2 in bridge</div>

Comment

hey thanks for the reply. I'm waiting on a reply to an email I sent to digi design all but pleading them to send me a disc. I'll be sure to send you a pm if all else fails. Thanks again!
      <div class="signaturecontainer">You will undergo a crisis of faith when your preist cannot explain to you why everyone at the Last Supper was on one side of the table.</div>

Comment

I've just experienced a similar problem myself. I have a dualie g4 that was running protools LE 5.x with my digi001 and then, a few weeks back, CRASH.
        Now it can't find the system. Worse, I bought the system off a friend who was returning to Brazil, and recieved no back-up disks for either protools or the operating system itself (9.x)/

My options are more or less:

Pray that a disk recovery application can save the data (possible but unlikely, and I'm trying but haven't found anyone yet with suck an application that I can borrow)

Wipe the drive and start over, meaning I need to replace the operating system and the pro tools software.

The questions I'm considering are:
        Can I run osx with my digi001, or should I stick with 9?
        What version of protools should I try to find that won't require replacing the digi001?
        Is it legit for someone to give me a copy of the old protools software I was running, since it is certainly not a commercial use, and since I did (or at least my friend did) legitimately purchase the software? I'm left in a pretty crappy position, 'cuz I have little to prove that I'm not lying-- save, of course, the fact that to make that version of protools useful you need the PCI card and interface that come with it .

I'm not looking for anyone to hand me a miracle, but any constructive feedback might be useful.
        --Krik
        <div class="signaturecontainer">Just another Krik in the wall</div>

Comment

Originally posted by Krik

My options are more or less:

Pray that a disk recovery application can save the data (possible but unlikely, and I'm trying but haven't found anyone yet with suck an application that I can borrow)

Wipe the drive and start over, meaning I need to replace the operating system and the pro tools software.

The questions I'm considering are:
          Can I run osx with my digi001, or should I stick with 9?
          What version of protools should I try to find that won't require replacing the digi001?
          Is it legit for someone to give me a copy of the old protools software I was running, since it is certainly not a commercial use, and since I did (or at least my friend did) legitimately purchase the software? I'm left in a pretty crappy position, 'cuz I have little to prove that I'm not lying-- save, of course, the fact that to make that version of protools useful you need the PCI card and interface that come with it .

I'm not looking for anyone to hand me a miracle, but any constructive feedback might be useful.
          --Krik

Lots of questions
          Let's see:
          -Data Recovery. Get a program called Data Rescue. It works.Available in both 9 and X versions last time I looked. The tech who saved me from losing a bunch of **************** last year used this.

Here:http://www.prosofteng.com/products/data_rescue.php

-PTLE software works on the 001 up to version 6.4 for OSX I think ; you should check this at Digi's website. I dunno what the final 9 version is. You have no proof of ownership, so I doubt that Digi will feel sorry for you in this case. Unless you can find someone that has the disk lying around and might make you a copy...

-Best bet is to figure out which version of PTLE you're going to get and buy a used one on Ebay. Buy an OS install disk while you're at it. Not having at least one around totally sucks.

-After you get this mess sorted out, you must start backing up your drives.It WILL happen again. Depending on which model of G4 you have (ie ,spaces for HDs...most of them are OK I think), buy a hard drive just for data backup.

What I do is unplug the power plug to the drive when I'm not using it. When I want to do a backup, I turn the Mac off, open it up, plug the drive back in, and restart. I do my backups and when done, turn the Mac off and unplug the drive again.

This way, the backup drive is only in use during backups or restore and cannot be possibly corrupted by having it running all the time. Some people take the drive right out of the machine, I dont.

Dont buy a cheapo drive either.Western Digital and Seagate are both good brands.

You should be using a separate drive for your audio files,too. A good place to have an OS copy so if the **************** hits the fan, you can start the thing up and perform essential functions.

Good luck.
          <div class="signaturecontainer"><font size="1"><font size="2"><br />
          </font></font><font size="2"><br />
          </font></div>

Comment

if you can convince digi design that you own your hardware (I had to fill out some transfer of ownership form) they may be able to help you out with software as they did for me. be warned... can take some persistence. best of luck

Comment

shiznit- you got everything you needed?

If not, I may be able to help you. I sold my 001 and realized some time later that I only mailed the protools for xp disk. I bet it was you I sold it to. Anyway, I still have the 5.1.1 mac disk. If it was you that I sold it to, a million apologies. Let me know.

Comment

thanks que, Digidesign finally came to the party. god bless em.
                I am however on the look out for some effects plug ins if you can recommend any good ones

Comment

Working...
                X