X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Templates..?

I used to use Cubase and now I use Pro Tools, which seems to be better for my purposes... but in Cubase I used to be able to have a series of templates set up, and when I came to do a new project, it would ask me which one I would like to base it on.

A new pro tools session always starts empty, and I always have to set up 7 new tracks, set them to the same inputs, and name them all.

I'm sure you must be able to do this more efficiently... but how?
    <div class="signaturecontainer">http://www.superkings.org</div>

Originally posted by djwrighty
    I used to use Cubase and now I use Pro Tools, which seems to be better for my purposes... but in Cubase I used to be able to have a series of templates set up, and when I came to do a new project, it would ask me which one I would like to base it on.

A new pro tools session always starts empty, and I always have to set up 7 new tracks, set them to the same inputs, and name them all.

I'm sure you must be able to do this more efficiently... but how?

I don't know how to do it in ProTools but you can do it in Logic by saving the song by a specific name (DEFSONG I think).

Other than that, I would just save some templates of your own and then load the one you want through either Open Recent or just load them from a folder..

Rimmer
    <div class="signaturecontainer">"(The New Testament) is a work of crude carpentry, hammered together long after its purported events, and full of improvised attempts to make things come out right." Christopher Hitchens, R.I.P</div>

Comment

in PT just create the session that will be come your template, with whatever you want in it. save it close it. then highlight the PT session file and do a command-I for info. in the box that opens check the stationary pad box. it is now a template.

BUT!!!! for some stupid reason PT 6.7 and 6.9 have a weird glitch with templates, tho its easy to work around. if you just double click the PT session it will open it and make a copy of it and not ask you if you want to make it a new session. basically defeating the point. but, the template works just fine if you open it by going to file-open session- and choose your template.

not sure if this was fixed in PT7.
      <div class="signaturecontainer">&quot;When I say be skeptical of everything I mean it. Just because someone was elected to do a job doesn't mean that person has any idea of what they're doing.&quot;- Sen. Bob Kerry<br />
      <br />
      &quot;When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.&quot; --Hunter S. Thompson<br />
      <br />
      &quot;Never rock the mic with the pantyhose&quot;-MCA</div>

Comment

Thanks.

Now that I've ticked that box... how do I use it as a template?

I notice I can tick stationary pad on any kind of file... what does it mean?

Sorry, I'm also new to macs.
        <div class="signaturecontainer">http://www.superkings.org</div>

Comment

stationary pad (someone please correct me if im wrong) is basically like making the file read only. you can do it to just about any file, why youd want to im not sure.

once you've check the statiionary pad box, just open the session. (via file menu, see above post for why). it will ask if you want to edit the template or create a new session, click new session and then it goes through choosing where to save it (and disk allocation).
          <div class="signaturecontainer">&quot;When I say be skeptical of everything I mean it. Just because someone was elected to do a job doesn't mean that person has any idea of what they're doing.&quot;- Sen. Bob Kerry<br />
          <br />
          &quot;When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.&quot; --Hunter S. Thompson<br />
          <br />
          &quot;Never rock the mic with the pantyhose&quot;-MCA</div>

Comment

Working...
          X