Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

whats the best audio interface for Logic Pro?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• whats the best audio interface for Logic Pro?

Just got Logic Pro, whats the best audio interface to use with it?

M-audio?

Im running it on a powerbook g4 1.25ram

thanks
    <div class="signaturecontainer">some girls are bigger than others, some girls <br />
    mothers are bigger than other girls mothers</div>

What are your input/output requirements and how much are you prepared to spend? There are any number of decent audio interfaces out there...both FireWire and USB...that will get the job done, but they vary widely in price as well as in features.

I recently acquired an RME Fireface 800 which offers outstanding features, sound and performance, but it set me back nearly $1,500. I can recommend it without reservation, but it may be more than you need or had in mind.

I'm sure others on the forum will be happy to provide additional suggestions if you can be more specific with regard to price and features.

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyBacon
      ... if you can be more specific with regard to price and features.

Yeah, that's what I was going to ask.
      <div class="signaturecontainer"><font size="1"><font size="2"><br />
      </font></font><font size="2"><br />
      </font></div>

Comment

I'm assuming youre running Tiger?

If so, be careful with some firewire devices. I got myself a Presonus Inpsire which are suposed to be fairly good, theyre a small-scale version of the Firebox which has got rave reviews and retails at about $299US and Inspire $199.

My CPU overoads in Logic and Garageband after 20-30mins of use if the Inspire is pugged in and Im recording or playing more than 3-4 tracks. Ive got a G5 1.8/768Ram. From what I hear many users have experienced same issue and hopefully Tiger 10.4.4 may resolve this issue. It's not a Presonus thing its a OSX Tiger thing, so something to consider.

When I was looking I was mainly looking at Edirol 's firewire interface, M-Audio Firewire Solo and Fast Track Pro (USB) and Presonus. Presonus are class cimpliant meaning you just plug and play. I only wish Apple sort this thing out witht their drivers.

Comment

thanks for the advice....yeah, Im looking to spend around 300 or less-

Im leaning towards the m-audio because I would like to also use pro-tools
          <div class="signaturecontainer">some girls are bigger than others, some girls <br />
          mothers are bigger than other girls mothers</div>

Comment

Working...
          X