Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

I can't seem to find a way to download a movie to my video iPod.

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can't seem to find a way to download a movie to my video iPod.

I tried using Handbrake, but it didn't recognize my movies. Said, 'Title not found.' These are DVDs that I bought, they are legitimate copies.

I wanted to watch 'The Goonies' and my iPod.

Okay,

iSquint seems to do the trick, but it only transfers .AVI etc. to a iPod format.

I need to find a way to transfer my movies to .AVI or MPEG format, then iSquint will do the rest.

Suggestions?

Comment

Originally posted by televisionary
      I tried using Handbrake, but it didn't recognize my movies. Said, 'Title not found.' These are DVDs that I bought, they are legitimate copies.

The only time I got that message was when I put in the DVD after I had already launched Handbrake.

Whenever I have the DVD in first, then launch Handbrake it works perfectly.

That's been my experience anyway.

Comment

I wanted to watch 'The Goonies' and my iPod.

FFMpeg is by far and away the best 'To/From' video encoder I have used. Simple as ya like to use and converts quickly to iPod video H.264 and even a format for iPod Tv should you want to get the best out of the Tv output.

Been using it for around a week now and it's really decent..

Rimmer
        <div class="signaturecontainer">"(The New Testament) is a work of crude carpentry, hammered together long after its purported events, and full of improvised attempts to make things come out right." Christopher Hitchens, R.I.P</div>

Comment

Originally posted by Rimmer

FFMpeg is by far and away the best 'To/From' video encoder I have used. Simple as ya like to use and converts quickly to iPod video H.264 and even a format for iPod Tv should you want to get the best out of the Tv output.

Been using it for around a week now and it's really decent..

Rimmer

I tried to transfer my Robocop movie using this.

Ding! Encoding complete!

Me: "Uh, where is the file at....?"

*cries*

Comment

I tried to transfer my Robocop movie using this.

Ding! Encoding complete!

Me: "Uh, where is the file at....?"

*cries*

It has an output file option on the main screen to tell you where it will encode it to..

Rimmer
            <div class="signaturecontainer">"(The New Testament) is a work of crude carpentry, hammered together long after its purported events, and full of improvised attempts to make things come out right." Christopher Hitchens, R.I.P</div>

Comment

Originally posted by Rimmer

It has an output file option on the main screen to tell you where it will encode it to..

Rimmer

What kind of parallel, bearded, evil UNIX world have you guided my virgin Mac to?!

:cry:

Comment

What kind of parallel, bearded, evil UNIX world have you guided my virgin Mac to?!

:cry:

Man. What did you download??

Rimmer

Comment

doesnt itunes handle conversions yet?

heck if youve got a copy of final cut pro theres an export option, VIDEO FOR IPOD
                  <div class="signaturecontainer"><font size="1"><a href="http://www.g3mall.com" target="_blank">www.g3mall.com</a></font></div>

Comment

Working...
                  X