X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Casio LK-94TV and OS X--help!

Got a Casio keyboard for the kids this Christmas which has all the fun kid stuff. Also has a USB connection and is "General MIDI" compliant. I cannot get any of my Macs running 10.4.3 to recognize any MIDI output. There are apparently no Casio drivers for the Mac, but MIDI setup or Garageband 2 will not recognize anything. Any ideas??

Originally posted by stewards68
    Got a Casio keyboard for the kids this Christmas which has all the fun kid stuff. Also has a USB connection and is "General MIDI" compliant. I cannot get any of my Macs running 10.4.3 to recognize any MIDI output. There are apparently no Casio drivers for the Mac, but MIDI setup or Garageband 2 will not recognize anything. Any ideas??

Just read the Casio website and it seems that the USB is for file transfer and not for midi..

Looks like you need to get yourself a midi interface..

I use the M-Audio (midiman) Midisport 2 x 2 myself although the midi sport 1 x 1 would probably do you..

Merry Christmas

Rimmer
    "(The New Testament) is a work of crude carpentry, hammered together long after its purported events, and full of improvised attempts to make things come out right." Christopher Hitchens, R.I.P

Comment

I actually already have a MIDI interface, but this keyboard does not have standard MIDI ports. It only has the USB outputs, so I'm assuming since they claim GM compatibility, that USB port must be the MIDI port as well...

Comment

Originally posted by stewards68
        I actually already have a MIDI interface, but this keyboard does not have standard MIDI ports. It only has the USB outputs, so I'm assuming since they claim GM compatibility, that USB port must be the MIDI port as well...

Oh.. I'd phone Casio and see what they are up to..

Rimmer
        "(The New Testament) is a work of crude carpentry, hammered together long after its purported events, and full of improvised attempts to make things come out right." Christopher Hitchens, R.I.P

Comment

Working...
        X