Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rudimentary question..

One thing I have never actually had to do, as far as I can remember is. How do you track mark a whole album from one stereo track..?

I recorded a whole evening of poetry and music on to a friends 12 track and have been importing to Logic. I was going to construct all the performances (around 3 hours but there are going to be some cuts for CD) in to one Logic song, with fades and stuff but I have never had to actually bounce that and then burn a CD with all the track markers in the right place..

Hopefully pretty basic stuff with the right software..

Anyone?

Rimmer
    "(The New Testament) is a work of crude carpentry, hammered together long after its purported events, and full of improvised attempts to make things come out right." Christopher Hitchens, R.I.P

What version of Logic are you using?

I've only used 4, 5 and 7 so if you're using 6 it might be different but

On the master fader track (you might have to view global tracks and double click master to make it visible with all your other tracks) on the bottom there is a bounce button, click it and if you are using 4 and 5 it will give you some options for the wave and it basically plays through the whole song created a bounce

It works sort of the same in 7 except you can output it to pretty much anything (mp3, aac, aiff, wav etc) and it doesn't have to play through the whole song.
    Rig:
    American Deluxe Strat > Digi Whammy > Keeley Comp > Line 6 DL-4 > Egnater Rebel 20 > Egnater 4x12 slanted cab

Past Loves:
    Engl Screamer Combo
    Marshall DSL100
    H&K Trilogy
    Mesa TriAxis + 2:90
    Mesa Mark IV
    Mesa Mark IIB
    ADA MP-1 Classic + Mesa 50/50

Comment

Cut the single stereo track into separate regions for each track, then export them.

Comment

this is what waveburner did/does. i havent used it in years cuz it was never ported to OS X, but i *think* I heard it was part of Logic now. if you never used it, it would let you set track markers wherever you wanted, adjust time between songs and do all the PQ coding. sounds to me like this is what you need.
        "When I say be skeptical of everything I mean it. Just because someone was elected to do a job doesn't mean that person has any idea of what they're doing."- Sen. Bob Kerry

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." --Hunter S. Thompson

"Never rock the mic with the pantyhose"-MCA

Comment

Originally posted by where02190
          Cut the single stereo track into separate regions for each track, then export them.

Thanks so far all..

Thing is. I actually have two long track (album length) that I want to track mark. This live one and another album I have recorded with a friend (small project for fun) where we have actually taken all the album tracks (15) and made a song out of them. Fading in and out and various volume drops and stuff so it can be mastered direct.

There is a mastering house in my area that I am going to start using but it seems a shame to pay him simply to track mark through the song. I was expecting to bounce the whole song down and then load it in to something to track mark it.

Must check out Wave burner.. Still using Logic 4.8 in OS9. Still works well so.. I have been working with Express 7 recently which is pretty much better than the full Logic 4.8 that I have used for many years..

Regards

Rimmer
          "(The New Testament) is a work of crude carpentry, hammered together long after its purported events, and full of improvised attempts to make things come out right." Christopher Hitchens, R.I.P

Comment

You'll fair much better letting the mastering house take care of the fade in/outs while they are processing the tracks for mastering.

In addition, the ME can make the nonstop live track play as one continuous show with no gaps easily, and if you ahve each song as it's own reigon, it's a no brainer for him where you want the track markers.

Comment

Originally posted by where02190
              You'll fair much better letting the mastering house take care of the fade in/outs while they are processing the tracks for mastering.

In addition, the ME can make the nonstop live track play as one continuous show with no gaps easily, and if you ahve each song as it's own reigon, it's a no brainer for him where you want the track markers.

It is something I have considered but with a particular project we wanted to test all the fade ins/outs ourselves. Sound pretty good as is so it would be a matter of paying more for him to do it again. He charges £500 a day although he's giving me a break as he's a friend of a friend..

FOUND A SOLUTION THOUGH!... Cd Spin Doctor..! It came with Toast Titanium and seems to do the job very well..

Merry Christmas People..

thx.. Rimmer

Comment

Working...
              X