Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are Sony-Ericsson Phones iTunes Compatible?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are Sony-Ericsson Phones iTunes Compatible?

Hello Everyone!

I was comparison shopping phones this past week, and found that many of the S-E phones offer the best in features (2.0 Megapixel camera, mp3 player and FM tuner).

However, I don't know if the mp3 player can be used with iTunes on a Mac.

Does anyone here know?

Thanks in advance.

Originally posted by Epiprone
    Hello Everyone!

I was comparison shopping phones this past week, and found that many of the S-E phones offer the best in features (2.0 Megapixel camera, mp3 player and FM tuner).

However, I don't know if the mp3 player can be used with iTunes on a Mac.

Does anyone here know?

Thanks in advance.

I doubt it, but maybe. It's simple though.

Bluetooth the phone. Browse device (your phone) and then dump things to and from it.

You can even export movies from Quicktime to 3GP and they play on the phone.

Rimmer
    "(The New Testament) is a work of crude carpentry, hammered together long after its purported events, and full of improvised attempts to make things come out right." Christopher Hitchens, R.I.P

Comment

Thanks for the input. I'll give that a try.

I've also done some research since my post, traveling through forums, and it seems possible from what I've heard. It'll probably involve 3rd party software.

Comment

Originally posted by Epiprone
        Thanks for the input. I'll give that a try.

I've also done some research since my post, traveling through forums, and it seems possible from what I've heard. It'll probably involve 3rd party software.

When I upgraded from an Ericsson 700 to a 750i, iSync didn't work any more. Apparently Apple haven't bothered supporting the phone but there is a work around, apparently.

I really like the iSync thing as I can back up my phonebook, sync addresses with the iPod and keep my work calender (iCal) up to date. Great idea when it works but let down by the iSync software itself. If you rely on that syncability then don't expect a new phone to be supported by iSync. It's pretty poor at keeping up with the current range of phones.

Rimmer
        "(The New Testament) is a work of crude carpentry, hammered together long after its purported events, and full of improvised attempts to make things come out right." Christopher Hitchens, R.I.P

Comment

Working...
        X