X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by where02190
    so we can make fun of you, ok?

Why do you hate Apple?!

Comment

I absolutely love apple, and have been a devoted user for well over a decade. However it's my experience that no computer is trouble free for 3 years of use, and the cost of applecare is well worth it for the 3 years of phone support alone, nevermind the bumper to bumper 3 years of coverage on the machine.

Comment

I absolutely love apple, and have been a devoted user for well over a decade. However it's my experience that no computer is trouble free for 3 years of use, and the cost of applecare is well worth it for the 3 years of phone support alone, nevermind the bumper to bumper 3 years of coverage on the machine.

My computer has been trouble free for over 3 years. In fact, a power surge just happened. They happen at least twice a week when my computer is on. Sometimes I'll be in the middle of downloading something. My computer is great!

Apple.

Like a Rock...

Comment

It is possible that you can go trouble free for 3 years, just like it's possible to never be in an accident in your car. However my experience, and that of many other mac owners, is that the odds are against you. Obviously if Applecare is completely out of your budget then it's not an option, however if you consider one trip to Apple repair (or any repair) will run at least the cost of Applecare, to me it's a no brainer.

Comment

Check in with us when you need to take your under 3 yr old computer (which, had you gotten applecare would still be completely covered) in for repair that costs about double the cost of applecare , or when you need some support that, since you opted not to spend the $$, you can no longer get after 90 days without paying, so we can make fun of you, ok?

Comment

so we can make fun of you, ok?

WE? We, who? We us? Um, no! I am not going to make fun of someone who took their time to make an informed decision. Your decision to buy AppleCare seems to be based soley on fear. They are selling sanity and you are purchasing possibilities.
              android

Comment

I have had several computers that have been trouble free for over three years. Phone support? I am not paying that kind of money for information that is freely available on the Internet. Bumper to bumper? Funny that you shopuld mention a Care Insurance phrase. You know, if you got into a car accident and your computer was damaged, most insurance policies would cover that. Think about all the overlapping protection you have purchased. Man, I hate insurance. It is the biggest scam.
                android

Comment

Like I said, it's entirely possible that you won't need it, just like it's entirely possible you'll never need your car or health insurance, but if you do, it's a whole lot less costly if you have the insurance.

AFA phone support, sure you can spend often hours finding out info online, or make a free call. Often, when trying to get mulitple 3rd party apps to work together, there is little to no info, or support from the app manufacturer, but Applecare many times for us has had the info over the stumbling block.

Comment

This is just my experience, but computers, be it Mac or Windows, are plenty more likely to give you headaches than a car crash, the most common application of insurance.

Just my $0.02, but I have used AppleCare roughly 6 times since purchasing it, and I made those calls after thoroughly, but fruitlessly, searching net forums for answers to my problems.

Comment

Working...
                    X