No announcement yet.

Bussing reverbs..?

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bussing reverbs..?

Having recorded 8 tracks of audio on my new 1.67ghz pwerbook with 1GB ram (recording to the system drive, I know... I'm getting an external soon, but I ran out of money...) using the digi002 rack... I have found that adding too many eqs and reverbs causes me problems.

Should this be the case?

If so, I believe I shouldn't be using too many 'verbs anyway... but I'm not clear on how to actually use just one reverb for several tracks.

Also, if you do that, can you have them set to different amounts of reverb?
    http://www.superkings.org

Using "Sends" is covered in the Pro Tools manual in Chapter 26:Basic Mixing under Sends. It gives detailed instructions there.

Yes, you can vary the amount of revsrb that each recorded track will have applied to it. Once you get used to using this method, your computer will be much happier.

It's the multiple reverbs that are killing performance, not the EQs.

Comment

Originally posted by djwrighty
      Having recorded 8 tracks of audio on my new 1.67ghz pwerbook with 1GB ram (recording to the system drive, I know... I'm getting an external soon, but I ran out of money...) using the digi002 rack... I have found that adding too many eqs and reverbs causes me problems.

Should this be the case?

If so, I believe I shouldn't be using too many 'verbs anyway... but I'm not clear on how to actually use just one reverb for several tracks.

Also, if you do that, can you have them set to different amounts of reverb?

Yeah. You can use a reverb as a pool to pour different levels of your recorded instruments in to. Like MM said. Aux sends should be in the manual.

The process is ages old now.. Just turn up AUX One from each track (or whichever aux number) and assign AUX 1's output to the input in an AUX Return (should probably be set up on AUX Return one by default I would have thought), and then send that channel to the main mix output..

Put a reverb fx on the return channel (hopefully AUX Return 1) and every aux send you turn up on your tracks will be sent to the reverb return channel and hence the reverb, in different volumes, from the AUX Send 1._Burp..

Rimmer
      "(The New Testament) is a work of crude carpentry, hammered together long after its purported events, and full of improvised attempts to make things come out right." Christopher Hitchens, R.I.P

Comment

got it! cheers.
        http://www.superkings.org

Comment

Working...
        X